Saying "Hi" and quick introductions

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
Welcome to the March Keeping it Green + hydr8 challenge. The purpose of this group is to encourage everyone to eat within their MFP goals - gaining, losing, maintaining are all welcomed. The objective is simple: to have as many days where you calories stay in the green on MFP as possible. New this month we are also taking goals for number of days you stay hydrated (8 cups of water or more).

To motivate you, I suggest logging in daily to update the group of your progress. We keep a spreadsheet of green days and give out awards for achieving 10, 18, 25, and your own goal of green days. We also have an award for managing to be green for the entire month! The awards given out are posted in the thread "March award preview".

We do not evaluate what you eat, although we strongly suggest that everyone stay within the MFP guidelines of at least 1200 a day (unless you are under the care of a doctor). We also expect red days occasionally and we suggest that you plan for them accordingly. Birthdays, vacations, anniversaries and holidays are all great reasons to have red days. Planning ahead for days of celebration allows us to enjoy our family celebrations without ruining our health goals!

This group has been active for 6 months with a great core of people. Our current moderators are myself (kawookie), SunnieRN3, R_Queenie, Jbharwood and jigsaw_me. This team makes sure that the challenge is run efficiently by awarding medals and updating the spreadsheet. The current spreadsheet (for February) can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtNrl6q7UrYTdEsxNVZWeW1kRFI5bENCZE1Rdk11WXc&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Kawookie!!
  • amina429
    amina429 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, and thanks Kawookie! You are looking so slim in your new profile pic!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi, and thanks Kawookie! You are looking so slim in your new profile pic!

Why thank you, Amina!

My success is in large part to this challenge. R_Queenie and I started at the same time (October) -- I don't know what I would do without all of you and your accountability. There are many old timers that likely feel the same way as they keep rejoining for each new challenge.

Maybe we need need to do some then and now pictures. :drinker: