March Goal

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
While the goal of the challenge is to have as many green days as possible, the individual goal is something you set based on your personal circumstances (e.g. travel, holidays, special events).

You can always increase your goal as you progress through the month, so if you are new it is suggested you set a goal you are sure you can achieve and then increase it when you get close to achieving your original goal.

Optional: If you struggle with drinking the required 8 glasses of water, then our optional hydr8 challenge is for you. Set your goal (just give me two goals - one for green days and one for number of days you will drink 8 or more cups of water) and win some shiny new awards!

Please post your goal for green days in March to this thread.

Replies

• nwhobrey
    nwhobrey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Nicki. I'm new to the group. My March green day goal is 24. I have made a lot of changes to my diet over the past few months. I think this will be a realistic, attainable goal. My 'blue day' goal will not be as high. I have noticed I really slack on my water intake. Thanks for the challenge!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! So JAZZED to be back for another challenge---I think this is my 6th month and every time I find that this is what gives me a daily focus to make better choices. This is a group that continues to bring supportive people with great energy so I am so pleased to be a part of it! :flowerforyou:

Shooting for 28 green days--as always hoping to break my own goal for perfection. :bigsmile:

Water is not a challenge for me---but I will report daily. Goal is 31.
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Green goal for March is 30 and as for water, I wanna do 31!
  • kawookie
    Options
    For March, I am shooting for the achievable (for me) goal of 28. I really hope to surpass that, but we have a few birthdays as well as Fat Tuesday coming up. (I think Easter is in April?)

For water, I am going for the whole month.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I am really wanting to stay focused on eating healthy. I love the idea of tracking green days, plus the muppets drew me in. Lol...

My goal is 25 green days...that's about 80%
    Water all 31

Lelah

Ps..there is a quiz out there "which muppet are you?" ...I'm Bunsen...lol
  • kawookie
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I am really wanting to stay focused on eating healthy. I love the idea of tracking green days, plus the muppets drew me in. Lol...

Water all 31

Lelah

Ps..there is a quiz out there "which muppet are you?" ...I'm Bunsen...lol

Hi Lelah! Welcome to the challenge. Every time I think of this challenge I think "It's not easy being green..." so kermit and gang became our awards.

While technically we don't monitor diaries and therefore you can eat as clean or "dirty" (Is that what eating poorly is?) as you like. It is certainly easier to stay green if you are eating plenty of veggies, fruits, and lean protein. I am personally a beaker and my husband is a gonzo. We haven't taken a test, but I'm pretty sure a test would confirm. LOL Or maybe I am Henrietta (Gonzo's chicken love -- but I have a hard time seeing myself as a chicken.)
  • Mrs_Cunningham2
    Mrs_Cunningham2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello laura here.Iam going to try 23 for green day and 31 for water
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge. I think this is month five.

Green- 27
    Blue- 31
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge too! Thanks kawookie for organizing again!

My goal is 24 Green days and 31 Blue days.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Water all 31
    I am in.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting up the challenge again, Kawookie! I would have been sad if you hadn't. I hope by the end of this one that your father is home from the hospital. This will be my third month in the challenge and really has motivated me to stay in the green several days. I am at maintenance and have now upped my calories again to 1700/day so that should be a little easier this time.

Green days goal: 29 I will likely be over on Shrove Tuesday and the Cub Scouts are having a party on the 8th and my friend Heather brings awesome GF desserts.

Blue days goal: 31 I got tired of counting my water in February, but I did figure out that I drink a 20 oz bottle three times a day at work so squeezing in a glass at dinner to get the day blue won't be very hard.

Welcome, Lelah. I am actually Kermit the Frog. :-)
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I would like to set a modest challenge of 25 green and 25 blue.

March has always been a tortuous months with so many week-ends away to celebrate birthdays, and now a wedding has been thrown into the mix - so that's every weekend in March sewn up!! But I did buy two UK size 12 dresses for the wedding (I do love being so close to goal). I've also had to buy new bra's - an effect of the weight loss I think LOL.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge!!! Really has been helping me with making better choices throughout the day. For March I am going to aim for:

Green: 28
    Blue: 28
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Count my in again! This will by my 3rd month and I'm loving it! We have some birthdays in March, so this will be my goal:

Green .... 27
    Blue ...... 31
  • Ksamprasa
    Ksamprasa Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi All!

My March goals:

Green Days: 25
    Water: 25

I have a bad habit of losing weight and then slacking off, so I need all the encouragement I can get. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Thanks!
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Can't believe this will be my 5th month doing this challenge. Time has flown. Anyhow, Here are my goals for March:
    Green 25
    Blue 30
  • kaylamcdougall12
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kayla.
    My green goal- 25 days
    My blue goal- 25 days-- I get to about 6-7 most days so I'll have to increase and it'll be a push for me.
  • marjanet
    marjanet Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm back for my second month. I find this group helps keep me accountable.
    My green goal is 30 and my blue goal is 20. I prefer drinking tea or coffee, so this will really challenge me to drink water.
    Good luck everyone
  • amina429
    amina429 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Back in for my third month. I've got a week long conference/vacation coming up this month, so my goals are modest.

Green: 17
    Water: 20

I won't go crazy the other days, I just may not be able to track as much.
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Can I sneak back in? I did the challenge in November and December, but have lost my mojo since. Tomorrow is my 3 yr anniversary on MFP, and almost the start of Lent so that seems as good a time as any to kick-start and try to lose the last 6lbs.

Target Green Days : 20
    Target Water Days: 15 ( I really struggle with this)