Low/No Carb Dip

Low Carb works the best for me. I enjoy veggies though like cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes etc. Does anyone have a great low/no carb dip? I have been using up all the salad dressings that I had in the house to save money and not waste but when you measure those dressings it really takes up a lot of my calorie, fat and carb allowance for the day ! Any Recipe is greatly appreciated !

Replies

• Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    If you like/miss hummus there are some great zucchini hummus recipes out there. I'm sorry I can't remember which online one I used, but they all seem similar.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Sour cream with herbs, like chives, some minced onions, some spices is good. I like taking sour cream and adding a chipotle pepper or 2 in and mixing it up, a nice smoky, spicy condiment.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    OK , here is my homemade ranch dressing recipe:
    1 cup mayo
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
    1/2 tsp. freeze dried chives
    1/2 tsp. dried parsley
    1/4 tsp. onion powder (I use 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion as well)
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    Whisk together and refrigerate for a few hours before using.

This makes a great dip or salad dressing. Plug your brand mayo and sour cream into the recipe calculator.
    It makes about 24 tablespoons @ roughly 75 cals/tbsp.
    If you do not like any particular herb, like dill, just omit it. Still will be great!! Enjoy
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Try this recipe for Clam Dip! It was formulated by Snow's (who sell canned clams). It's not complicated, and it is very good. I took it to someone's house for a football game party and it was a big hit. :)

http://www.food.com/recipe/clam-diggers-dip-284015
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Penzey's Spices makes a dry mix for Horseradish Dip. You use a little of the mix and add sour cream and mayo. It's delicious.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeyshorsedip.html
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    you can google jalapeno popper dip. there are multiple versions but mine is:

2- 8 oz cream cheese
    ~ 1/2 cup Duke's mayo
    1 can green chilies
    diced Mt Olive jalapeno to taste
    pack of bacon bits (I use Oscar Meyer) or pack of bacon cooked and crumbled
    shredded sharp cheddar cheese to taste, optional

ETA: I've been meaning to try this rolled in pounded out chicken breast too
  • lirpas1976
    lirpas1976 Posts: 3 Member
    I like sour cream with franks, sometimes I will go for the sweet taste and add some splenda. Mmmmm.! I also make my own ranch, but it is so similar to one already posted above EXCEPT that I use pickle juice to thin mine down to dressing consistency. Also a peanut sauce is really easy with a tb peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, sirachia sauce, and sprinkle splenda little water.