Pop Pilates for Beginners

lilylight
lilylight Posts: 128 Member
Hey, anyone interested in doing Pilates? There's this great web site, blogilates.com, where Cassie Ho gives you all kind of free Pilates videos -- you can also find them by doing a you tube search. She's got a month of workouts where she goes through proper form, etc.:

http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2013/06/03/beginners-calendar-for-popsters-just-starting-out/

The routines last from around 20 minutes or a bit less to a half hour, it looks like. They vary day-to-day as to what muscles they're targeting. I've taken Pilates classes before so I'm not a complete beginner, but this will be a good way to work on form, which is important in Pilates, like yoga. Would love to have other people to do this with! They're a good option, generally, for people who want a lower impact workout.

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    Maybe once a week. I have a Pilates DVD somewhere. I have trouble doing things off of web sites from my gym. Our computer is upstairs.

Shelley
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Maybe? Not sure how well I could do them with the computer where it is. Guess I need to de-clutter my computer room!!! :huh:

I'd really like a stretching/flexibility challenge. I would like more flexibility and haven't really found any kind of stretching challenge. Have never done Pilates (or yoga). Would you think it would be a good fit for flexibility?

Thanks,
    Bonnie Jo
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    I think so. Yoga, stretching, both improve flexibility. I am so sore today that I am thinking this will be a good fit for tomorrow.

Shelley