• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good so far!
  • gela130
    gela130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    good, this challenge made
    me have a very good day yesterday. without it i would have been quite naughty. weekends are my pitfall so thinking this should help me focus! thanks:)
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Day 2 over. Long week-end here and I have so far survived but it's hard tonight. I am still hungry. Week-ends, especially evenings are my downfall but there is no way I am going to be out the challenge before it has started!
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far!
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Polly last time I was out by day 10 because of no exercise, unless moving from one chair to another would have counted. lol!
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've had a hard time making it more than a week into the challenge myself. I get a ton of exercise at work; it's the hunger that does me in. This month, I'm going to keep my calorie goals fairly high. I'm getting less and less convinced that letting your body go hungry is the way to go.

For exercise, I would say that any sort of movement that feels exercisey to you counts. So if getting up from the chair and walking around the house a little is exercise for you, then let it count for the challenge.
  • hog_farmers_wife
    hog_farmers_wife Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    LOVING these challenges! 4 months straight and I'm down 20 pounds from starting these challenges and as of today I reached my goal weight! Thanks so much Caradae for doing these challenges. I'm so glad I stumbled upon the group in November. They really helped me get through the holidays and stay within my calories and pushed me to exercise everday even on the days I didn't want to. Now that I have been walking everyday since starting these doing it everyday isn't even an option anymore it is just part of my daily routine just like getting myself ready for the day.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Good so far,
    This challenge, kept me on the straight and narrow yesterday at a reception with enough food to feed two armies. I even fit in a couple of shots.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good for day one month one. Hoping this challenge helps me reach my goal!!!

I must say - I was going to only do 25 minutes of exercise yesterday but knew I would be consuming alcohol last night so did another 20 minutes. Thanks goodness - that kept me within my calorie limit! I would have been out day 1 otherwise : (
  • Bookat
    Bookat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well this is only my second day at this. I love the idea of the challenge. Evening is definitely going to be the hardest part of this challenge for me. I am chewing gum and drinking seltzer or water.
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    So far, so good, on day 2. Its easier for me to just nuke a pre-packaged meal in the microwave at this point for two meals, then fill in with veggies, apples, and so on. I'm committing to 70 minutes of cardio exercise per day, plus other exercise three to four days per week. I need to have my ankle replaced, and really can't do it until I've lost a decent amount of weight. I can't walk, but I'm pushing myself on the exercise bike and walking long distances on crutches. (Who knew? Someone figured out the calorie burn for crutches!) Thank you so much for doing this--I need this type of challenge to push me! This is definitely a "one day at a time" process. ...
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! You've worked hard to get here, and you're very motivating for the rest of us.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 100 jumping jacks in sets of twenty. That seems to work best for me. This challenge is helping me to be accountable. I think that's a great benefit.
  • SealBeachMomma
    SealBeachMomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is our second day of the challenge and so far so good. I've kept within my caloric guidelines, and had a nice walk around the neighborhood. Thanks for starting this group, and helping us all to hold ourselves accountable. We can do this together!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,195 Member
    Options
    So far so good with me! It's easier for to leave calories at thebend of the night plus I eat a lotv of fruit! Sweet tooth you might say!
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You guys sound like you're doing great!

@hog_farmer's_wife - Thank you! I love hearing how the group has helped people who've been here from practically the start.

Well, I have some good news. I weighed myself this morning--and I'm the lowest weight I've been in two years! So excited!
  • nigelwood3
    Options
    Well, I have some good news. I weighed myself this morning--and I'm the lowest weight I've been in two years! So excited!

Good job, Caradae
  • Bookat
    Bookat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats great news Caradae! You are great inspiration
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options

:drinker: OMG!! Caradae, that is sooooo AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!! Whoop Whoop!! :love: I know you are doing the Happy Dance for sure!!!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    So glad to see that so many are really gaining (NOT WEIGHT :laugh:) from this challenge. You are all learning to be a new YOU. Learning how to eat for YOU. Learning how to move everyday for YOU. YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU DESERVE THIS!! :flowerforyou:

Now get up and get Movin' & Losin'! :drinker: