Week 7 Weigh In (3-9 March)

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi there Challengers and welcome to Week 7 - we are in the second half of the challenge now and it's time to get into the hard stuff.

For the late starters, please fill your statistics in the INTRODUCTION thread, you might want to give this thread a miss, and start your updates next week. It's entirely up to you. For those updating - just copy the text below, post a reply and fill in the blanks.

I honestly believe that weight loss is NOT just about the number on the scale, it's about having the right mental attitude as well, so please remember to read your goals and affirmations EVERY DAY to remind yourself why you are doing this! I've included some extra questions below, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to - but keeping a positive focus and congratulating yourself for the small things that you do every week is a good way to keep the ball rolling and progressing to your end point.

Achieve your nutrition and fitness goals every day and you WILL reach your 12 week goal. Start with the end in mind!!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Name:
Challenge Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:

Today's Weight:
Weight loss this week:

Today's Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week?

How do you feel?

List 3 things you are grateful for?

What are you going to improve on next week?

Progress photos (optional)

Replies

• _J_en
    _J_en Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Kinda like the Sunday weigh in's for some reason :laugh:

Name: Jen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 92 kg
    Goal Weight: 84kg / 60kg long term

Today's Weight: 88.2kg
    Weight loss this week: 800g

Starting Measurements / Current Measurements:
    Bicep: 32 cm / 32 cm
    Chest: 119.5 cm / 118 cm
    Waist: 116 cm / 112 cm
    Hips: 110 cm / 109 cm
    Thigh: 59.5 cm / 59 cm

What goals did you achieve this week? Made my first mini goal: 5% weigh loss

How do you feel? Great & motivated

1. That I'm halfway to my goal for this challenge
    2. That my weight is in the 80s now
    3. That I've started to see some small changes in my measurements

What are you going to improve on next week? same goal - more active weekend
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff Jen!!!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Monday Morning everyone!!!

Name: Allie
    Challenge Starting Weight: 94.1kg
    Goal Weight: 80kg (new goal)

Today's Weight: 87.4kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.3kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 33cm (No Movement)
    Chest: 104cm (No Movement)
    Waist: 93cm (-1cm this week)
    Hips: 109cm (-1cm this week)
    Thigh: 57cm (-2cm this week)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 38.5
    Goal Body Fat %: 34.9
    Current Body Fat %: 34.4% (down 0.8%)

What goals did you kick this week?
    - BodyFat Goal is smashed!!!!
    - Managed a weight loss even through TOM!
    - Passed the 30kg in total lost
    - Now Officially Size 16 top and Bottoms... cant wait for size 14 :)
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So for me, I just plain aren't logging this week ...

3 weeks away in Sri Lanka where I have been eating about about 4-5k deficit calories every week, plus working my guts out in the gym (albeit cardio), recording weekly losses according to the tape measure and I weigh in at 500g more than I did when I left! I was expecting about 1.5 - 2 kg loss on the scale.

I know its water retention due to a range of factors that are largely occupational hazards inn my line of work:

1. Long haul flights - fluid usually retains for about a week after I fly
    2. Tropical heat
    3. Doxycycline - there is some evidence this also causes fluid retention - and still have to take that for another week or so.
    4. Got pretty sunburned at Soundwave - side effect of the Doxy and another cause for fluid retention.

These factors around water retention post travel are clearer given that this morning when I took a sneak peak, I am down 300g from yesterday - so hopefully it is abating.

On the sharp side, despite the scale, I'm looking way leaner! Had to go out and buy new bras when I got home a size smaller!! Everyone commenting!! Go figure... so lets see what next week brings :)
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: Ricki-lee
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79
    Goal Weight: 73

Today's Weight: 76
    Weight loss this week: 600g

*lost weight (just over half a kg even with it being TOM)
    *made it back to body step
    *only had one alcohol day out of the fortnight
    *got more sleep
    *exercised every day

How do you feel?
    Satisfied that I'm making a substansial effort. Happy that I'm loosing weight albeit slow, even though I've increased my calories.

* get even more sleep
    * keep trying to stay under 1500
    * get a gym program & try to stick to it

MINI CHALLENGE: I am giving myself a mini chalenge to drop one more kilo, & reach the 75 mark by my birthday the 13th ( just over a week) I know the numbers really don't matter that much, but I know I will feel happier on my birthday if I achieve this.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Name Jackie
    Challenge start 60kg
    Goal Gain 3kg mostly muscle.

Results for the week as of Monday 03/03/14
    Last week was 62 kilo now 62.3kilo

Since last week
    body down to 25.5%
    Lbm up to 34.7%

0.2kg weight gain, 0.1% body fat drop, 0.1% lbm gain.
    Actually quite impressed with this result.
    I managed to eat about 600 calories extra last week, which is about 800 less than I wanted, but the results if they can be believed are what I wanted.

Starting Measurements, from December.
    Bicep: 26 now 27cm
    Chest:87 now 93cm (I like to think they look bigger but I think maybe different bra to last time)
    Waist: 77 now 78cm ( up 1cm hopefully will drop when I cut)
    Hips: 92 now 93cm, this is a firmer cm so I will keep it :-) Last June I was 98cm
    Thigh: 46cm no change.

Feeling confident this week. The numbers are all going in the right direction. Hopefully they will continue for 5 more weeks.

My sleep pattern has been a lot better. Aiming for 10pm and getting there most nights.

Interestingly my weigh in at the gym had me a 1.6kg muscle gain (they rounded up to 2 which I was very excited about till I realised) in about 10 weeks. Now I know that might not be completely accurate, but even if it is only half that I will be happy. They will recheck at the end of this 6 week programme which happens to be the end of this challenge which is good timing :-)

Work was a drain this last week, I will work 7 days straight, weekend off, day on day off 2 days on day off weekend on. (I did an extra shift on Sunday)
    This is my 2 weekly roster. I have made a timetable to fit in gym 4 times a week, and I have 4 different programmes to do. I also did a yoga class on Friday. I need to be more stretchy.

The new programme I am liking much better than the old one. The last 2 days, I had time to spare, so I did 5 sets of everything instead of 4. Really felt like I had done some good. Time will tell :-)

Feeling happy, feeling fit, feeling confident. Feeling that everyone posting here is awesome. We all have goals which we set for ourselves. The only people we have to answer to are us. I will not let me down. Stay strong. Stay focused and remember, we are already better versions of ourselves than we were when we started. Yay us :-)
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone.

Name: Helen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.6kg
    Goal Weight: 79.9

Today's Weight: 81.6kg
    Weight loss this week: -0.7kg

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 40.6%
    Goal Body Fat %: 39.2% (down another 0.7%)

What goals did you achieve this week? Not many :-(

How do you feel? Tired, emotional, fed up

List 3 things you are grateful for? My family (x3)

What are you going to improve on next week? Everything - food, exercise, mood ....
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name: Flyer69
    Sex: Male
    Height: 176 cm
    Starting Weight: 87.7
    Goal Weight: 82

Today's Weight: 83.4
    Weight loss this week: 1000 gram (1kg)
    Total weight loss so far: 4.3kg

Ran 15km non stop outdoors at the beach house, i am so happy and impressed with myself
    Am in the low 83's, so I achieved that goal as well, something else to be happy about

How do you feel?
    I am leaving Friday morning for 10 days of bliss and holiday, i am excited :-)
    So really can't get much better then this

My health, my wife and my upcoming holiday

This next 10 days will be holidays, so my goals are to enjoy myself and screw my journey for 10 days. :-)
    Well I try to stay close to my current weight, eat sensibly but yummy restaurant food and will have some drinks as that belongs to it.
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    Name: Weighty Warrior
    Challenge Starting Weight: 141kg
    Goal Weight: 130kg

Today's Weight: 137.3kg
    Weight loss this week: -1.3kg (actually 2 weeks!)
    Total Weight Loss: -3.7kg

Today's Measurements: (will do next week)
    Bicep: 46.5cm
    Chest: 134.5cm
    Waist: 121cm
    Hips: 157cm
    Thigh: 80cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
    Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? Been logging accurately.

How do you feel? Wish it would all go faster!

List 3 things you are grateful for? My family, cottage cheese and Quest bars!

What are you going to improve on next week? Still need to move more. Much more. And the story remains unchanged.

Progress photos (optional): Nope, still not happening.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Name: Gemma
    Challenge Starting Weight: 63.2kg
    Goal Weight: Anything starting with a 5

Today's Weight: 62.4kg
    Weight loss this week: 600g (over 3-4 weeks)

Today's Measurements: Might edit for these when I have a chance to do them tomorrow
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

What goals did you achieve this week? Back into exercise after a three week holiday. Feeling pretty damn sore though. Was pretty stoked when I got on the scales on Tuesday and was 63.2kgs so only a small gain while eating and drinking eveything on holiday. Was even more stoked when my weight dropped to 62.4kgs on Tuesday and has stayed there consistently for the remainder of the week.

How do you feel? Happy but tired

List 3 things you are grateful for? The upcoming long weekend, football, family

What are you going to improve on next week? Settle back into training and my routine
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name: Danielle
    Challenge Starting Weight: 102kg
    Goal Weight: 97Kg

Today's Weight: 99Kg
    Weight loss this week: 2kg (past 3 weeks)

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 35
    Chest:112
    Waist: 98
    Hips: 116
    Thigh: 69

What goals did you achieve this week? persisted at this, increased my workout intensity, continued with developing running

How do you feel? determined to keep going until the finish

List 3 things you are grateful for? losing 51 cm and 16 kg!. family, friends

What are you going to improve on next week? not become so frustrated at work - run those stairs when I am. Work hard on that balance
This discussion has been closed.