Purim

Options
Rena42
Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
Purim (with mishloach manot and a big sudah) is around the corner. What strategies do you have in place to get through it?

Chodesh Tov!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I made whole wheat pumpkin hamantashen but i can't imagine how popular they are going to be, compared to the craziness that I see in the stores already.

It is a very hard day. And it doesn't stop with Purim either ....
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    We are going to my mother's for Seuda. I will take a big fresh salad with low fat dressing and stick to that plus protein.

the influx of junk food all day is a real worry.

I am planning to prelog everything and thereby hope to maintain some form of control over the craziness.

And Pesach.... that's another hurdle....
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We are going to my mother's for Seuda. I will take a big fresh salad with low fat dressing and stick to that plus protein.

the influx of junk food all day is a real worry.

I am planning to prelog everything and thereby hope to maintain some form of control over the craziness.

And Pesach.... that's another hurdle....

Agree. Prelogging is the key. I prelog even my cheats. I decide in advance what I will cheat.

I'm also much more worried about pesach.
  • noshermom
    noshermom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well since I'm in charge of the Purim seuda for the family I'll make sure to have salads and either fish or chicken I can eat. I will be preparing loads of additional foods. I'm a bit worried about the candy and chocolates as I have a weakness for them, but only for certain nosh. I hope no one will DARE send anything I like!

I too am very worried about Pesach. One year I lost weight over the first days and then gained the second days.... I love matzoh!

shmuelyeng, would you share how you lost so much weight? Good for you!
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm going to someone's house for seuda.. I don't knwo whether to just not log and try to eat in moderation or to log....
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well since I'm in charge of the Purim seuda for the family I'll make sure to have salads and either fish or chicken I can eat. I will be preparing loads of additional foods. I'm a bit worried about the candy and chocolates as I have a weakness for them, but only for certain nosh. I hope no one will DARE send anything I like!

I too am very worried about Pesach. One year I lost weight over the first days and then gained the second days.... I love matzoh!

shmuelyeng, would you share how you lost so much weight? Good for you!

noshermom, mostly by logging my food religiously and exercising daily. I've managed to stay under my calorie limit every day since I started (just over 4 months) and missed only two days of exercise since I started exercising daily (about 3 months). I fyou have any specific questions, please DM me. You can also send a friend request to see my diary.