Hello!

Options
Sdennis817
Sdennis817 Posts: 7 Member
Wanted to meet other Venuses and get this MFP group moving and shaking. Just joined. Have struggled with program after program for years. Been a runner, always worked out but went up and down with my weight. All this time, I've been eating too many calories. Last straw was my Hawaii trip. Realing nice looking California guy approached me on the beach. He said you are gorgeous and I had to come over and speak. We chatted, I was in shock. Then he proceeds to tell me I'm voluptious, not one of those girls you could throw over your shoulder and run off with and he liked that. Well. Well. Well. I layed back down on my towel and dismissed him. The older I've gotten the harder it has been to lose and keep it off. I traveled to JAX right after HI, determined to stick by the book. Had a great week, stuck to the WW points perfectly, exercised every day doing Dolvetts workout. Excited to weigh at end of week. Got on the scales, just knowing I would see a good loss, and what do I see? 0.8...wuwt? So....I looked up Venus Index this weekend and joined. Here I am. I feel great. Just day 2 but I really feel great! What's your story??:smile:

Replies

• jaidenphyr
    Options
    I'm in my third week. I weigh in tomorrow, but I dont' think I've lost anymore than the 2 pounds the first week. BUT I feel great! I am definitely eating less calories than I was and working out more, so I am holding on to the thought that I am losing fat but gaining muscle so the scale isn't showing it. I did lose some inches and feel better in my clothes so I'll be excited to see my measurements tomorrow too.
  • sleipnir37
    Options
    Hello and welcome,
    I have decided to get rid of the scale.
    This (censored) thing drove me crazy !
    Either my scale is broken or I don't know how to read it but sometimes I think it measures in kilograms the weigh I put on and in pounds the weigh I lose : so unfair !
    Every time I stepped on that terrible device, I was so stressed I went directly to the cookies jar. Every time, too many efforts and too little reward I just felt horrible and about to give up.

But the measures and my clothes told me quite a different story. So are my friends who are so pleased by my results.

I rely on measures + my clothes + photos I take every month.
    These are stunning !
    Maybe I will go back to the scale when my delicious little black dress tells me I really have succeded. I'll let you know !