week 2

Options
DLJ_77
DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
Okay...I just finished day 2 of week 2 and I may be dying, lol. Someone suggested to just have new posts titled for each week, not each day during the week, so we'll give that a try as long as it's okay with everyone! Keep up the good work:)

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I fell behind over the weekend so my days are all skewed now...ahhh! I can't take all of this dis-organization! :sad:

I took a peek at week 2 :noway: and I'm thinking positively but I think the fit test at the end will royally whoop my butt. :drinker: I'm holding my breath until then!

Sidenote: I always push for that last one IF it's an even number or multiple of five, just so it will be *even*...does anyone else do this?? Like, if I am tired at 11, I ALWAYS will push through to twelve. Etc. lol Just a quirk I noticed...:tongue:
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I fell behind over the weekend so my days are all skewed now...ahhh! I can't take all of this dis-organization! :sad:

If it's any consolation, I didn't hit my Week 1, Day 3 target (came up short on the 5th set), so I had to repeat that day. My schedule is shifted too, and it was bothering me a bit. But then I hit the W1D3 targets the second time around (yesterday), and I realised that hitting the target is more important than the calender. Whether it's 6 weeks or 16 weeks, getting there is the most important thing for me.
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    For this week and next I guess I'm doing Tues, Thurs and Saturday...I did 71 today. Regardless of what my boyfriend says I still am proud of my form, lol!!!
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    How's everyone doing???
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing???

There wasn't REALLY supposed to be a FIVE DAY break between Wk 1 Day 3 (last Thursday) and Wk 2 Day 1 (Tuesday / yesterday) :blushing:

But I did finally get it done. 9-11-8-8-11+ (Column 2) :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I did have to take more like 90 - 120 seconds between sets instead of the 60 ..... and if I hadn't been called to the phone just before starting the 11+ I probably would not have made it to 13 .... :ohwell:

Wk 2 Day 2 on Thursday ....
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Im still with you but will never make it to 100 at one time. I can now do about 10-12 pushups with my knees down. My goal is 25 at one time and several sets. I would also like to work up to at least a few regular push ups.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Im still with you but will never make it to 100 at one time. I can now do about 10-12 pushups with my knees down. My goal is 25 at one time and several sets. I would also like to work up to at least a few regular push ups.

10 to 12 reps at a go is a great start! Sounds like it is nearly time to break into two sets of 7 with a 60 second rest between, then 2 x 8 etc etc.

Have you tried something like the systematic increase approach all pre-charted for you at www.hundredpushups.com or similar sight? (just curious). The site guides you through gradually building up your capacity over six or seven weeks by slowly increasing the number of push-up reps in each of at least 5 sets to ultimately doing 10 sets of 10. (not "100 without a pause")

Have you ever tried straight leg push-ups but at a manageable incline? (the higher the thing you are doing push-ups on, the easier it is - I started with the 5th tread on my stairs which is higher than the kitchen counter, but now use the 3rd tread, which is higher than the coffee table but lower than the kitchen table)

Just wondering ...
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    great information \ thank you. I will go to that site today. I tried an app on my phone but it did not work well. I just tried a regular pushup and could do only 1. I guess that is a start. Thank you for caraing enough to respond.
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    So I feel like the worst challenge leader ever! I have had a very rough week...my friend's husband died and I'm having some health issues. I have not been able to do my push-ups this week because of extreme discomfort. I will re-start from where I left off either over the weekend or on Monday. I cannot apologize enough!!!
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So I feel like the worst challenge leader ever! I have had a very rough week...my friend's husband died and I'm having some health issues. I have not been able to do my push-ups this week because of extreme discomfort. I will re-start from where I left off either over the weekend or on Monday. I cannot apologize enough!!!

Don't apologize!! Life happens! I'm so sorry for you and your friend's loss...that must be really rough. :(

I'll be starting week 4 today if my sore biceps/triceps (from other workouts) cooperate!! heheh I'm kind of in the middle of beginner/intermediate, so I've had to improvise a lot of the sessions. But hey, as long as I'm still doing the pushups I don't see that as a bad thing!