running music?

Options
Flacachica
Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
Hey gang! Wondering what you all listen to while doing your C25K?

I have a mix of "dancy" music, but I'm finding that they are not the right tempo for running. Most songs are perfect for a brisk walk, but when it's time to start jogging I can't do it. I like to keep in beat with the music so if it's too slow I get frustrated.

One of my favorites right now is "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. That keeps me energized and is just the right tempo for me to jog.

Anyone have any suggestions or favorite songs they can share?

Thanks!!

Replies

• melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My running music is a bit different than what most people like. It might be because I'm a musician, but I've noticed I keep running at the beat of the song. Too fast, and I try to run too fast and get frustrated. Also, I'm a big 60's fan, so I like to run to music like "Paint It Black" or "A Hard Days' Night."

Oooh, and I wanted to add: I like adding some weird, angry girl music like The Dresden Dolls' "Girl Anachronism."
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Great! Yes ... I like angry girl music! Bring it on!

I too run to the beat, so looking for a fast, but not too fast song... it's harder than it seems!
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love listening to stuff I liked when I was an angst-y teen, like Garbage, Alanis Morissette, Ani DiFranco, The Cranberries, etc.
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Just found this from another message board. Just what I was looking for!!!

http://jog.fm/workout-songs-by-bpm?bpm=130
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I listen to pandora and put it on the Pitbull Station. Most songs are perfect!!
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good music is the ONLY thing that keeps me going sometimes!!!
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Good music is the ONLY thing that keeps me going sometimes!!!

Sooo true sista!! I had some great songs to listen to yesterday and I breezed through those five minute intervals like nothin'! :drinker: