PORTION CONTROL MADE EASY

Options
Finayoung
Finayoung Posts: 38 Member
I figured I would share something with you guys. A little trick I've learned as far as portion control. Now if you're one of those people who have to force yourself to eat your daily calorie intake, cheers to you. BUT if you're anything like me? We don't have that luxury. One of the toughest parts at the beginning of this journey was not only what NOT to eat but how much of it. Here is really the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I hope it helps someone too!

Tip 1: Do not, and I repeat do not eat in a plate massively bigger than your portion sized meal. You will feel like what you're about to eat is not enough and you would be setting yourself up for some uh oh seconds.

Tip 2: BEFORE beginning your small portioned meal:
Drink one full glass of water (This will make you feel like what you're about to eat is massive.)

Tip 3: Eat Slow! I've been told to never eat while sitting near a tv because you're most likely going to eat more. For me this is not the case. I see TV as almost a distraction from how much is on my plate. I eat very slow and focus on the show I'm watching rather than how much is on my plate. They say it takes about 20 minutes for your body to even realize it is full so take your time. It's not the last meal you'll ever have lol. Eating slow will stop you from eating too much.

Tip 4: Refill your cup of water and have it by your side while eating. Drink at least half of that new cup of water when you've finished %50 of your meal.

Tip 5: Finish your meal and drink the other %50 of your water.

Tip 6: (This might sound silly) By this time I am satisfied and full. What I do is say it out loud. Yes, I know it sounds silly but right after that last sip of water I usually look over at my hubby and say "Dang baby, I'm full!". This is not me lying to my body (because I actually do feel full) it's just a reminder to myself that what I ate is satisfying and that I do not need a snack or dessert after that very nutritious meal.

HOPE THIS HELPS AT LEAST ONE PERSON!
TRY IT TODAY WITH YOUR DINNER AND TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS!

Replies

• redog01
    redog01 Posts: 22
    Options
    Eating from a plate of an unappetizing color is helpful too. I know it sounds weird but it really does work. :)
  • amian25
    amian25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you for the tips! I will try them tomorrow :)
  • mandyd46
    mandyd46 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Tips. Thanks