So happy I found this group!

Options
Binnee95
Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
Hi everybody! I am so happy to have found this group, truly. I feel like I am going crazy sometimes!
I am 47 but my age says 46-(don't know how to fix that!) and definitely going through some kind of change.
And I am finding next to impossible to lose weight. Twice I have almost giving up, but have picked it up after two days or so.
Why does it have to be so hard?
Quick question for everybody- Do you experience more muscle/bone pain when trying to exercise-, I'm talking since peri-menopause? It is making it almost impossible to get a good workout and I haven't been walking due to the cold. Even riding the stationary bike I get pain in my knees! I'm trying so hard but I don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Yes, joint pain is a common complaint with peri-menopause. I find for myself that my body just isn't as forgiving as it used to be.

Best of luck on the rest of this journey!
  • L_Cass
    L_Cass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is an older thread, but I wanted to reply - I used to get really bad knee pain after exercise as well until I cut out dairy. Milk products in general are very acidic in your system and cause inflammation especially in your joints. If you're eating dairy, maybe cut it out for a week or two and see if it's any better.