Week 9 - What's going on?

tricoachart
tricoachart Posts: 32 Member
Just because the challenge ends in 4 weeks doesn’t mean that your own weight loss efforts need to. Now, instead of weight loss, think about how you are feeling. More energetic? Less inclined to eat that donut than you were 8 weeks ago? Look at yourself in the mirror. Go ahead. It’s okay. Are you toning up a little? Maybe more than you thought you were? My point is that there are plenty of other ways to assess how successful you are in this challenge. Weight is a measurement for sure. But so are inches, so are intangibles like energy level and happiness. What are some measures besides weight that you've been tracking during our challenge?

Replies

• joycerichter
    joycerichter Posts: 4 Member
    This experience has been a mental challenge for me to stay engaged and enthusiastic. If I eliminate weight and measurement, I see that I'm building a base for what is acceptable to eat most of the time and what is acceptable to eat once in a while. I think the shift to "It's okay to eat this (fill in the blanks) one time this week" will carry me long past the closing date of this challenge.