Welcome

Options
Hi everyone. I thought I'd start this group for those who follow the RF programmes and also use MFP as a tool for staying on track. A bit about myself - my name is Trudi, I'm a Mum of two beautiful daughters and I work as a nurse in an extremely busy Surgical ward at our local hospital. I've struggled with my weight most of my life, constantly comparing myself to my sister - who is a Personal Trainer and Body Combat instructor so has the body of an Amazon! At my heaviest Oct 2012 I was 84kg, I managed to lose 14kg but over the last year the weight has slowly crept back on. I started Kickstart on Monday 3/3/14 weighing 75.4kg. I'm doing program because I'm over feeling tired and run down all the time, and I want to be a positive role model for my girls, by eating healthy and being active.

Replies

• lornamurray1
    lornamurray1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Thanks for starting this off Trudi. I came back from a 5 week holiday in Scotland weighing my heaviest ever - 87.5kg, and played around with RF for 3 weeks before starting Kickstart on the 2nd Feb at 85kg. My goal is to get to 75kg, and to fit comfortably into my favourite trousers (2 pairs) which are a Marks and Spencer (UK shop) size 14. Definitely a 12 here. I've just broken 80kg, so I am more than half way there after 4.5 weeks, which is staggering. I was a chubby teen, slimmed down in my 20s. I was an unbelievable 65kg just prior to having my first child (I'm 170cm tall and weigh heavy heavy heavy), but I only managed to stay there for about a month. I'm turning 50 in September, and my last child has just left school, so life is changing all the time. I manage a mental health and addictions charity, so work is pretty full on, but really fabulous. I have some health challenges that are not helped by extra weight - arthritis and weird skin. I intend to do R28 another 3 times after this first time, and see where I get to. At this rate, I am hoping that I will pass my target. I've only just joined MFP properly. So will have to find my way round getting the best from it.
  • emilyvowen3
    emilyvowen3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Im Emily, I live in Wellington and have a busy job working in policy for the government. It means I sit at a desk all day - boo!
    I just started Rapid Fitness Kickstart yesterday - I love numbers and already had a MFP account (which by itself wasnt enough). I started at 87.5kg and would like to lose around 20kg at the most.
    Best of luck!
  • leaannadavis
    leaannadavis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    joined RF team - 41 days in and 9.9kg down. Trying to work out this MFP now... doing R28 and taking it one day at a time.. on mission to lose almost 60kg...