Increasing cals to drop fat?

Ok so I'm giving the Venus Index a shot. After a decade of struggling with eating disorders I finally got on the road to recovery about 5 years ago. I returned to a low healthy weight quickly and have since remained within a healthy weight ratio. The problem the last year in a half is that I had been greatly increasing my cardio and weight training and apparently really decreasing my calories. I realize I was only eating 600-800 calories a day! I was thin but my muscle wasn't growing and since I started to try to eat "normally" about 6 months ago I have just put on fat. My goal is to increase my metabolism, eat to feed my muscle, make lean muscle gains, and lose body fat. I've recently just spent 2 months doing a ketogenic diet just to get used to eating calorie dense food and I was also hoping that I would lose some body fat that way. Apparently my body is very slow to keto adapt and I was getting depressed and anxious on the diet. The Venus seems perfect. I've done a lot of research about intermittent fasting and know that I want to incorporate that into my program. My goal is to just get used to eating 1200 calories or more. I know that might seem crazy low to a lot of you but to me it's a scary amount of food. I hope I haven't permanently messed up my metabolism and that I can trust that I can eat more and still lose!:blushing:

Replies

• I would think - and I emphasize think because I don't KNOW - that if you keep on a healthy eating and exercise regime that your body will recover and you will not have done permanent damage. I would think it would take a bit of time for your body to "forget" the starvation you put it through, however. Just my thoughts...
  • VicVicVictorya
    VicVicVictorya Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you! I hope so too! The fear and anxiety I have built up around food and weight must go.:::and I know it will. I have come so far. I know I just need to trust the process.