entering exercise

Options
cahors97
cahors97 Posts: 13 Member
How do you enter a C25K workout? Fast walking? Jogging? I'm not sure, since it's part walk/part jog.

Replies

• jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've been training on a treadmill, so I use the MPH that I have it set on, and then figure out how many minutes I was at my walk speed and jog speed.

A little more guesswork is required if you are manually entering when running outside. I know a lot of people use a HRM, or a GPS to figure out what their pacing was for each run.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    If you use a HRM or a app program, just use the calories that they give and create your own exercise and title it "C25K" or something like that.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    How do you enter a C25K workout? Fast walking? Jogging? I'm not sure, since it's part walk/part jog.

I just synched from Runkeeper, assuming that you're doing it outside rather than on a hamster wheel.

If the latter then just use the count that gives you, it's as accurate as anything else that you could do.

As far as the former point is concerned, if you are training outside and you have a smartphone I'd recommend some form of tracking app; Runkeeper, Endomondo, Runtastic, MapMyFitness etc. That'll allow you to see how you're progressing over time, and the progression in c25K is pretty rapid.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A very, very rough estimate is 100 calories/mile. So, I enter whatever gives me something close to that. I also totaled up my average walking + running, and used that. Rarely was I above 4.5 MPH, which is listed as "walking" on MFP. LOL.
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the treadmill at 1% incline. I divide up my time by minutes walking and minutes running. But I run at 3.5 mph which is walking on MFP. My actual walk is 2.5 mph.