2nd Week on Atkins

Question during the second week of induction does the weight not fall off as the 1st week? I was averaging a pound a day on my 1st week. Just did my mid week weigh in and at the same weight as my last weigh in. I did notice that some days I was not hitting 18 carbs. My diary is open and I do log everything I put in my mouth, I also do pre cook and most my meals are the same for a week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• fncy76
    fncy76 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Candy, like you I'm on my second week of Induction too (2nd day). I noticed that I dropped 0.5 a pound thus not as drastic as the first week. I read on the Atkins site that some days you'll do 22 crabs while some at 20 or below. If you are working out as well you might not see a weight decrease since muscles are heavier than fat...but your clothes might start to fit better. The other thing, change up your meals daily so it's not always the same which will make the body respond better to weight loss... and eat all your calories so your body don't go into starvation mode & start to conserve fat instead of burning it. You can try using ketone sticks to measure the rate your body is burning fat. When I checked mine last week it says it was in the middle of the chart and when I checked it again this morning it moved up a bit indicating that it's burning more fat... it keeps me motivated. Hope this helps, let's keep at it ????
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    For what it is worth, I lost in both my first and second week, but the total added to just a bit less than what you had your first. I then in my third week, lost absolutely nothing and I hadn't changed a single thing. To say I was disappointed and frustrated would be an understatement. I stuck it out, however, and started losing again in week four (having still not changed a thing) and have consistently lost (albeit, some weeks with small losses) since then for three months. Hopefully things work out for you and this is just an adjustment week.
  • bijoux79
    bijoux79 Posts: 79
    Finished my first week and only lost 2lbs...hope mine doesn't slow down any further
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Give this a read, it's spot on about induction weight loss.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LowcarbNY