Kids lunches

Options
Sunbrooke
Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
Hi, I needs some main course ideas for my nine year son's lunches. I don't use deli meat, cheese, or mayo, and very little bread. He isn't a picky eater. Let me know if your suggests require any special containers or equipment. Thanks!

Replies

• lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I send cut up chicken, celery, carrots, raisins, pineapple, yogurt (mix w/ spices for a veggie dip, or honey and cinnamon for a fruit dip), trail mix, easy-peel oranges, Horizon milk boxes, etc. with my daughter to school. Not very creative, but simple is best for our time limits. I'm sure there are lots of options if you google "bento box ideas."

ETA: Sometimes it's not really a "main course" kind of lunch. Rather, just a bunch of snacky things. She likes to do things herself, so sometimes I send a big lettuce leaf, diced tomatoes, etc. and she can make her own wrap.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I like your idea of lettuce wraps. I buy wheat wraps, but I don't want to give him one every day. I'm going to start giving him chicken too. I already freeze it in portion sizes for my husband. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that they would work for my son's lunches too. His lunches have been that hardest thing for me to clean up.