knowing i need help

Options
shellydd
shellydd Posts: 156 Member
I work as a dementia unit director....or memory loss (as the PC way to say it). very rewarding, though stressful, job. over the course of 2 years, roughly, I have let myself get the fattest I've been EVER......even 9 months pregnant. in fact I'm over 50 pounds heavier then 9 months pregnant with my last child. I'm ashamed I was blind to what was happening. I just let the weight creep on. how did I not notice? I always wore big clothes....always. I need to lose weight for myself and get healthy again or at least start with getting mobile. any friends out there willing to add??

Replies

• kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me --I am in the medical field and know how stressful it can be---it is enough to make u gain weight!!!! I have recently went back to work and am hoping I can keep my eating under control!!!
  • Lohavio
    Lohavio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the help! I think one of the worst parts is that even when you've made up your mind to change you still have to take it slow and steady. If only half the battle was solved by deciding to eat well and exercise. But like pregnancy weight it takes a long time to creep on so you can expect it to take a while to come off. I'm not trying to be discouraging, just saying it's the wait that kills me. Feel free to friend me too.
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can friend me too. I had the same thing happen. I have always been fit and slowly I gained extra weight. I am slowly but surely losing it.
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I would love to assist!