March Madness - Challenge Day Eight

Options
jpilley
jpilley Posts: 78 Member
Ok - so are we ready to sweat? Have you blown the dust off your workout shoes? Gonna have several of you with restrictions due to medical conditions so do your best to modify the challenges or come up with something to replace it with. Bottom line is that you DO SOMETHING to move your bottom!

Today's challenge - find the biggest hill around and go walk, run, or climb it THREE TIMES.

As you are huffing and puffing remember that......... "Life never follows a straight line, so be prepared for all the bumps, detours, uphill climbs, and downward slopes and enjoy the scenery as you go."

See you at the top!

jp

Replies

• Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Okay have walked up the hill near my house three times today., did it on separate occasions as there is no way I could have done it 3 times one after another...... as it was I felt like I needed oxygen at the end but got there:bigsmile:
  • jpilley
    jpilley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I too am done! Going down is soooo much easier. Wonder what our "burn" was - guess it doesn't matter cuz it's more than we would have had, if we had not climbed those hills.

Thinking about discontinuing MARCH MADNESS due to lack of interest. Perhaps my challenges are too hard??? LOL.
    If I get some responses to this, I may reconsider.

Looks like you and I are going to be ready for the summer - bring on those shorts!

Glad to have your company and your friendship!

Judy
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Completed this :D
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    R.E feedback:

Firstly I find these challenges pop up part way through the day for me (probably because I'm UK) so often I'm at work and have already had my first meal.

Secondly some of the challenges involve either a lot more preparation than we're given time for (e.g. when we had to eat the rainbow - I hadn't done my weekly shop. But the Skittles worked :bigsmile: ) OR they involve changing carefully laid plans (e.g. take your weight and cut it from your diet, or the change your meals around and eat from large to small type challenges). Additionally with those latter two types of challenges I personally feel they're more for fun with little impact on my weight loss - so also depends on what you want to get out of doing the challenges.

My suggestion would be to lay out a Google spreadsheet type thing with a weeks challenges in advance and have people sign up on one forum - sometimes it's easy to miss a post if you have a busy news feed, so centralising it would help - IMO.