Inches Vs Pounds

Options
Finayoung
Finayoung Posts: 38 Member
I've been told over and over again that inches is WAY better to loose than pounds,
What is your take on this subject?! Let's talk

Replies

• gonegirl3
    gonegirl3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am curious to see what others think about this as well. I personally go by the scale, whether its right or not, I cant say. But if inches were what mattered, I feel that physician would measure each individual instead of figuring BMI by ht and wt. Just my thoughts :)
  • me11yc
    me11yc Posts: 8
    Options
    I know I'm always going by the scale and I think it is a problem because you are too focused on loosing weight. Especially doing the 30 day shred, you are transforming fat into muscle, and muscle weights more than fat (i think) so really somebody might think they are not losing or even gaining weight and are disappointed, when in reality they're doing great with their diet and workout.

It's been a week now since I started but I haven't measured myself yet. I lost a little bit of weight but hasn't moved much lately. But what I DO know is, that I don't feel sore anymore after the workouts (at all!) and I was very very sore after the first day. So obviously my muscles are getting stronger :-)
  • francedr
    francedr Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello! Personally, I believe that losing inches is a lot better than losing weight, sometimes when we lose weight, we not only lose fat but muscle... In our case, the 30dayshred workout makes ours muscles get bigger and stronger, and as muscle weights more than fat and occupies less space, I think it's a lot better to lose inches..

In my case, I'm on day 14 of the workout and I've lost almost 3 inches on arms and legs, and 2 inches on my belly... I've gained 2 kg but I know that's my muscles getting stronger.

x