Starting back up!

Options
hubie316
hubie316 Posts: 24 Member
Hil all,

In September 2011 I joined MFP at 5'4" and 219lbs, and started working out with kettlebells regularly the following spring. By August 2012 I was down to 168lbs and using a 35lb kettlebell 3-4x weekly for 40 minute sessions: Then somehow I let it all go (tons of stress and laziness) and here I am a year and a half later at 208lbs using a 20lb kettlebell for 20 minutes at a time. Need friends with similar goals and interests - add me if you'd like :)

Replies

• YesJessYes
    YesJessYes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I take a kettlebells class 3x a week and I'm all over the map with different weights for different skills. I use 16K for swings and 10K for lifts and jerks. I'll add you back.
  • taravernier
    taravernier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.. I started Lauren Brook's Strong Like a Mother January of last year and had gained so much strength and was feeling really good (hadn't figured out my food so only lost about 8 lbs but was tightening up). Then in August I sprained my ankle badly. I couldn't swing a bell for at least 3 months without feeling it (it was the ligaments around my ankle bone on the outside) so I got very discouraged. Now I am trying to get going again... I keep telling myself to just start but can't seem to get going. Yet I have put April 1st out there as a deadline for myself... but then I will be getting up in the morning and getting reacquainted with my bell and learning my new Yoga DVD. Do you have a program you are going to follow or are you grabbing different workouts from other places?