Logging calorie burned into MFP?

Options
Jenn_Hann
Jenn_Hann Posts: 8 Member
I have seen people say to not log weight training calories burned onto MFP. I don't really consider JMBR or her other videos as weight training. Do you consider this cross or weight training?

I am currently using a Jawbone UP band, and when I workout, I use my Polar HRM. My HRM says that I burn about 300 calories doing one of the non-cardio videos. The Jawbone doesn't automatically count in my calorie burn unless I manually set the stop watch and afterwards assign my workout a category/time and mess around with the results to get the correct calorie burn entered.

How would I log my calorie burn for the non-cardio video, or do you log the calorie burn at all? I want to make sure I am doing this correctly because I think I was eating too much before as I was not losing weight.

Replies

• shakoy_b
    shakoy_b Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been wondering how to log it myself. Hope someone responds soon.
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how you're supposed to do it. I read somewhere to log it as circuit training general. I create my own exercise for each DVD and just put the calories from my heart rate monitor. I have to modify for some of the exercises so this seems to work better for me. I don't eat back all my exercise calories anyway, so it's close enough for me.