Starting Tomorrow!

Options
qpmomma1
qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
My aunt and cousin did this last year and they ran and completed a 5K! My aunt has challenged the women in our family to do it too. I am starting Week1/Day1 tomorrow! I did try this yesterday but only got about half way before I was dying. My aunt told me I need to slow down. So tomorrow I am going to take it easy. I am looking forward to doing this!

Replies

• Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! :-)
  • qpmomma1
    Options
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I did try this yesterday but only got about half way before I was dying.

All the best with it. For the run intervals keep your pace low enough that you can hold a conversation, to avoid hammering yourself.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Thanks for the tip :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Good luck :D
    I'm restarting today!
    Last summer was the last time I ran, never completed C25K (I actually do Zombies5K :D) but did the for fun 5k but was doing it with a friend who had hurt her ankle the week before so very slow pace often walking, and never got back into the running after. So this time I am determined to complete it! and keep up the running. Much easier when it's not cold or raining lol
    x
  • anpatrick99
    Options
    I just started C25K today as well!! Had a fantastic first day! I hope yours was just as good :) Would love to check-in daily. I plan to graduate early, my birthday is in 7 weeks! So I hope to be finished by then :)
  • AndreaIteka
    Options
    I'm currently on week 7 and NEVER in a million years would I have thought of getting this far!!! I needed a cheap gym alternative and this was it. Seriously I was proud when I managed 3mins (one song ) but completing the 20mins in week five had me in tears, happy tears :') best day !!! Just stick with it go slow and you'll love it :D Also my legs don't look like huge chicken drumsticks anymore so winning lol
  • arubababy
    arubababy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Am starting tomorrow evening. - We can all do this :-)
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My aunt and cousin did this last year and they ran and completed a 5K! My aunt has challenged the women in our family to do it too. I am starting Week1/Day1 tomorrow! I did try this yesterday but only got about half way before I was dying. My aunt told me I need to slow down. So tomorrow I am going to take it easy. I am looking forward to doing this!

I am on my 5th week and the App/Program really works. Just go slow and do what it says.... I am up to 10 straight minutes which is a major accomplishment for me. It really is more of a MIND thing. You can do this!!
  • AngieSitaAustin
    AngieSitaAustin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you and everyone doi9ng c25k..i completed this last year then stopped completely with running (stupid) i have done a few runs in the gym and try to average 1 mile on the treadmill, but i have recently signed uo to do the race for life 10k in July so i am going to be restarting tonight, im goint to skip a few weeks thought and see how it goes, so hoping to start on week 5 but at a steady pace.....fingers crossed x