my first meet results

Options
jlclabo
jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
well i competed in my first meet this weekend. SPF Ironman Pro/Am in Knoxville Tn. went in hoping for a 1200 total, but at 4 weeks out from the meet i had an old shoulder injury really cut back my bench and deadlift workouts. but i did ok, still took first place in my class raw/sub-masters/259. actually weighed in at 254 so i dropped from 267 to 254 in a little over a week. enough of the rambling, here are my numbers/

Squat: 1. 385 missed due to depth
2. 385 made it easy
3. 425 missed went down too fast for the spotter to keep up and he ended up catching my arms so the judges redlighted me before i even got to try. i think my nerves got to me on it.

Bench: 1: 255 made it easy
2: 285 made it easy
3: 305 missed felt like i hit a brick wall on the push.

Deadlift: 1. 385 ripped it off the floor
2. 430 made it decently easy
3. 455 made it very solid and a 40lb PR

totalled 1125 and hit 6 of 9 lifts and happy with my total all things considered. not what i wanted, but ill take the win. i know exactly where i need to improve and that all starts tomorrow. ill link my video of my 455 deadlift here. working on editing all the clips into one video. somehow all 3 squat videos got deleted but they sucked anyway, lol. check it out, leave a comment.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbMUJeculYk

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Nice pull. Well done.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    thank you. as of today i started Jonnie Canditos 6 week linear progression program to work on my foundation and form. today was rough with heavy squats and heavy deadlifts back to back. im gonna end up having to change gyms because they dont like when we do anything "heavy". today they were complaining that i was disturbing the yoga class with my deadlifts.....
  • tomcornhole
    Options
    today they were complaining that i was disturbing the yoga class with my deadlifts.....

Seriously? You should sign up for the yoga class just to piss them off.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Nice job and welcome to the addiction :)
  • jlclabo
    Options
    thanks! i dont think i would give thye satifaction of having any more of my money to just piss them off, lol.... i went by NFC after todays events, but damn that place isnt cheap. where i am now is 80.00 a year, lol.... they want 50.00 a month as their cheapest rate. even told them i was gonna pay a year in advance and go no break on the price.
  • tomcornhole
    Options
    Were you nervous about entering? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and the fear of the unknown is creeping in.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    Were you nervous about entering? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and the fear of the unknown is creeping in.

i was a little, but it didnt really hit me til the called my name 4 out... nerves killed me on squats. not deep enough on my first(didnt know i could have someone give me an up call). then on my 3rd squat attempt i just jumped too high and tried to get a 10lb pr and just went way to fast into the lift . i calmed down for bench and was solid in deadlifts.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Well did.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    nice :bigsmile: good to get the first one out of the way so you know what its all about :bigsmile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    good stuff mate.

I've never seen anyone give an up call for a raw meet. Equipped all the time as the descent is so slow.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    no one was giving an up call, but you could have your own spotter give you one from off the side if wanted.