PCOS

Options
katy4399
katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
I am new here and have been away from MFP for a long time. I have PCOS's and NEED to lose weight but I have NO idea how to get started with low carbs. Are all carbs the same? If you have time please help me.

Thank you,
Katy

Replies

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi Katy, I have PCOS as well. feel free to add me if you like. All carbs are definitely NOT the same! You'll most like see the best results if you cut sugar, flour, rice pasta & potatoes. I just restarted the beginning of March & have lost 7lbs in 10 days. Don't be afraid fo real food. No sugar free or low fat stuff. Use butter, not margarine, drink full fat milk & eat full fat cheese. Lots of veggies are good, stay away from potatoes,carrots, peas and corn, they are higher in carbs. Fruit should be sparingly eaten, but if you do want something have berries, they are generally lower glycemic index fruits. Theres a lot to learn but there is a lot of help here & on the internet. Atkins.com has a lot of good info even if you don't follow them exactly. If you do nothing else, start restricting your sugar intake, even that will make a difference. Good luck, Krista