Just ate a piece of fruit and now I feel like I'm crashing??

Options
He1loKitty
He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
I've been doing low-carb for the last week or so and it is already going well. I've been able to stick to around 50-60g of carbs per day, and cheated a little Saturday night but got right back on track Sunday morning. So this afternoon, I'm sitting at my desk and I decide it's 3pm, I'm going to eat an orange, that's healthy right? Now I feel awful! Light-headed, dizzy and hungrier than I was before I ate it! What is going on???

Replies

• KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sure, oranges are "healthy" and they're full of sugar. For induction, I had to avoid fruit. Then I added berries only.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    try eating lower sugar fruit. Oranges from memory are up there on the sugar scale. Berries are amazing.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    If I eat a clementine on an empty stomach I get cravings. I either 1) eat one after a meal 2) eat it with some fat, like string cheese or nuts as a snack. 3) shortly before running since I'll burn it off.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Now I feel awful! Light-headed, dizzy and hungrier than I was before I ate it! What is going on???

You probably just knocked yourself out of ketosis and your body had a sudden rush of sugar to deal with. Just have a BPC and go for a long walk. You'll be back in ketosis in a couple of days.