Welcome!

Options
Good morning all!

Thank you for joining me! The purpose of this group is to learn from one another and develope a plan to be healthy through proper nutrition and exercise. I am a young human resources coordinator, and I have been in charge of coordinating my company's current wellness challenge. That is why I signed up for MFP, and why I have created this group. Knowledge is power! I am already starting preparations for next years challenge and thought what better way then to learn from others through MFP. What does wellness mean to you? Do you struggle with weight, nutrition, or both? What motivates you? These are some of the questions I have, and please feel free to share your answers.

In my experience, accountability is key in achieving our goals. If we don't hold each other accountable for eating healthier, or exercising, there is no point to a group challenge. So to begin, introduce yourself, give a brief explanation of why you're here, and name one thing you would like to change or improve apon (ex - eating habits, tone stomach, exercise so many times a week). Also let me know if there are any fitness programs you are currently participating in, such as P90X.
I'll start:

1) My name is Sasha
2) I am here to learn as much as I can from everyone and also to gain motivation to continue to exercise and eat healthier
3) I want to be tone. I joined the US Marine Corps straight out of high school and was in peak physican condition until I came home and got back into the swing of things here. I have been out of shape since then and I want to get back to exercising frequently so I can wear a bathing suit and not have to worry about sucking it in! :smile:
4) I am currently in my third week of P90X3. It's rough but I can already see an improvement in my endurance and range of motion.

Replies

• skamp01
    skamp01 Posts: 2
    Options
    Some words of encouragement :smile:

"PLEASE, I urge you -- quit thinking about yourself, your body in terms of the SCALE and how much you WEIGH. Do you want to have a rockin body that you feel great about - strong, lean, energized or do you simply want a # on the scale? Don't focus on "but I've only lost 4 pounds in 3 months and my friend has lost 25 in that same amount of time eating 1200 calories and doing 6 hours on the elliptical and 3 hours of ZUMBA every week" . Ask yourself: what will she look like in a year? what will she need to do to keep that weight maintained? How much lean, calorie HUNGRY muscle does she have? Is she cranky because she is hungry?.
    It's not a RACE. What's the hurry? The END RESULTS, being happy while getting to the end and MAINTAINING those results for LIFE - that is what it's about. "
  • Ready4Change1992
    Options
    My name is Nicole.

wellness to me means being healthy

I am struggling with my weight after gaining over 60 pounds during my pregnancy. I have lost close to 30 so far. I could also learn to eat better.

my daughter motivates me. Also looking good for my husband :-) and lets face it....i am tired of being a whale and unhealthy. i used to be able to barely walk 2 feet without catching my breath.

I want to to lose 40 pounds by summer :-)

i am doing T25 :-)