Hypothyroidism and EM2WL

Options
Hey,

I'm just looking for some advice really! The whole ethos of this group makes perfect sense to me, and I'm really interested to try it. But I have hypothyroidism and so I'm wondering if all the calculations etc work? Is there anyone out there who has hypothyroidim and is having success with this method?

My thyroid levels are pretty stable at the moment and I'm pretty sure I can eat a lot compared to what some people with thyroid issues say (I never manage to stay under 1500 for more than a day or so as I turn into an angry hulk when I eat less than that!). When I'm not 'dieting' I tend to average about 1750-1900 calories a day. This doesn't seem to affect my weight a huge amount.

But generally, I'm focusing more on inches than scales as I tend to retain water really easily and so the scales can be demotivating (I've also just started lifting weights too, another reason to focus on inches!)

I'm female, 5 foot 2.5 inches tall, 29, and last time I looked a few weeks ago I weighed 155. My BMI is really high, but I don't look as big as I think I should at that weight...I reckon my goal would only be about 135/140.

Would getting my RMR help? I'm in the UK, London, if anyone has any suggestions of anywhere good and reliable?