What are you working on right now?

Options
Hello everyone...

I just wondered what each of you is working on currently. I am working on fitness right now, trying to get at least an hour/day in. Today I had PT for an hour and then went to the gym immediately afterwards! Yowsers! I spent 61 minutes on the elliptical and then did stretching/strengthening exercises for 30 minutes! Super proud of myself as I have never done an hour on the elliptical and just 9-10 weeks ago - I never would have been able to do this!! I am also working on eating a bit more, some days I feel like it and others I don't. I think part of my issue on the scale is because I am not consuming enough with the exercise I have been doing! Happy Tuesday! - Megan :flowerforyou:

P.S. My nephew was born yesterday. So now there are 2 newborns! My granddaughter (step) was born 1/25! They are keeping me busy!!

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Megan!!!! And congrats on the newborns! They are a blessing. :flowerforyou:

Hmm, I am mainly working on getting stronger, leaner. Not so much losing weight anymore but would like to maintain. I also focus on eating healthy. To me that is the key right there to all of this. I am doing a program called New Rules of Lifting Supercharged. There are a series of books for this program. You can find them in your local library. I don't really spend money buying books. LOL My cardio is mostly Zumba, I teach it twice a week. If I have time for more I normally get on the treadmill. I also try to walk as much as I can everywhere such as parking far away from where I am going and taking the stairs. I also do Bikram yoga (aka hot yoga) once a week. I wish I could do it more often but it is not convenient and it is time consuming (90minutes long).

:flowerforyou:
  • grasshoppermegan
    Options
    I wish I could do yoga - currently I am just not flexible enough - I am getting there! I can't wait. I have never tried Zumba, it's all the rage now. Been to the gym 3X this week already for 75 minutes each day or longer!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Megan, just start slow on the yoga at home. There are lots of free videos on the internet you can try. You can choose some poses and do them regularly while watching TV or do some gently stretching before going to bed. As far as Zumba, just give it a try. I do suggest to try different instructors until you find the one style you like best. We are all unique in our own styles. Kudos to you for going to the gym 3 times this week!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do yoga - currently I am just not flexible enough - I am getting there! I can't wait. I have never tried Zumba, it's all the rage now. Been to the gym 3X this week already for 75 minutes each day or longer!

Wow, Megan! That's great to get to the gym 3x! Way to go!

Check out this youtube link for beginner's yoga: http://youtu.be/HzwdKBYG0xA

She has a full-body to do after you get used to the moves. I like it because it's only about 8 minutes. I am very stiff, and I hope that this will help me become more flexible.