3-12-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
daily thread

I did W4D2 this morning. I think it was tougher than it was 2 days ago, but I pushed through.

Replies

• maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Haven't been running this week yet, but at the gym with my trainer -- thursday or Friday.

good luck
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always find the middle of the 3 the hardest.
    I defiantly can not run today. In fact i can barely walk without my knees hurting.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Hey all :flowerforyou:

Just up from a well deserved nap...worked my 8 hour day & immediately off to the park to do week 7 day 1. Am so glad I did NOT look ahead at the program UNTIL I got to the park, lol

I really wanted to stop, looked at watch before I started cuz 25 minutes of running is LONG (I wanted to stop long before I got to the 15 minute mark to be honest) ...I pushed on, slowed my pace (baby steps) and don't ever remember the 'voice' telling me i was halfway there, lol. Manged to get thru the 25 minutes, just barely. Was warm out with a breeze thankfully but dripping sweat by time the voice said "start your cool down".

I might not do week 7 day 2 on planned day (Friday) as I usually have a walking buddy on Fridays and she isn't into the amount of running since she doesn't go out walking daily like I do. So might have to post next time on Saturdays thread.

Some tips...
    Have some Tic Tacs or Lifesavers (I use sugar free, individually wrapped ones) in your pocket ..my mouth gets dry with all that breathing (& gasping, lol).
    I also have a bandana folded around my neck (hate the sweat dripping sensation) and if I wasn't so self conscious I'd wear a sweatband (but hate that plastered head look).
    Also do pay attention to the time you start the runs, so you can know where you are (I put the phone in a SpiBelt so I'm not looking at the countdown or drop the phone as I run) and how much longer you have to huff & puff, lol

Hope everyone had a good run today
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is all done for me! Woot! Woot! I think there are just 1-2 more days I can do "easily" before my real challenge begins. Glad to be half-way to 5k in terms of number of workouts though. I am sooo happy that I've stuck with it this long.

Airangel - thanks for the tips! So glad you made it today!

April - you're doing great - try to keep those knees happy though.

As the voice on my app says "See you in a couple of days"
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just walking with the dog today, and looking forward to starting Week 5 tomorrow. I can't believe I'm half way!