A little bit about you and your goals

Options
Tell me a little bit about yourself and what are your fitness goals? Part of establishing a successful group is to know your team :happy:

Replies

• Sillymom2u
    Options
    Hi there, I am VERY new to MFP and just figured out how to sinc my Fitbit. I am finding my Fitbit very hard to understand as they do not come w/directions. :-(

I have the Les Mills Pump set and I used them to get into shape last summer and had GREAT results. Now...after the holidays and a very cold winter, I have gained some weight back (12-15 lbs)and lost some muscle, so I would love to start it back up!! I do not have the "Combat" set though, so not sure if this group will work for me or not, but thought I would try!

The newbie,
    Lisa :-)
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hi there.. I am AJ, I just joined the group and happy to know that someone's decided to create this group. BTW I have only the les mill pump so is it still valid for me to joined here or should I have the les mill combat? I am doing this program for 3 weeks now. I almost reach my goal weight but then some of it came back last holiday so im working my *kitten* again to lose those 15 lbs. and get some muscles to show off this summer.. just add me guys and lets be accountable to each other and get motivated!
  • jess8gonzo
    jess8gonzo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but I'm actually on week 7 of this program. Love it so far. I did have to take a break for about four days because I was feeling exhausted. Not so much from the program but from work schedule. (Work days/nights)

Excited to see what everyone else thinks about the program.

Good Luck
  • jhonanie89
    jhonanie89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just received my Challenge pack today from Beach Body. I'm doing combat and got a 30 day supply of Shakeology. I actually got it because I decided to join this challenge group on Facebook. It was supposed to start on the 17th, but might not start until the 24th now. Oh well, I'm just excited to start it.
  • jencroki
    jencroki Posts: 30
    Options
    HI all :) I'm sorry about taking this long!!!!! For some reason MyFitnessPal NEVER notified me I had messages pending and I apologize. I will be answering individually :)

I did a round of combat a few months ago. I just finished the 21 day fix (which is awesome!) but decided to go back to my combat again (miss kicking and punching!) I'm going to be doing a hybrid of combat and pump because I have both programs, but for this group is not necessary to have both :) this group is for either one or the other, and to help and guide the members through it.

If you have any questions about either program or the nutritional plan,etc feel free to ask!. Know that I know I have quite a few people I'll be checking daily!!

Thanks for joining and yes both of these programs are GREAT!

My plan is to start with the hybrid on March 31st. If you already started your program is fine is just a matter of keeping track :)
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karli, I have been on MyFitnessPal for a long time. I have lost 30 pounds since starting my healthy living lifestyle but have been stalled for about 6 months. I'm at the last 30 pounds so I know it will be the hardest. I have had a gym membership for the last two years but I am finding that I am bored with all my workout routines, and need a bit of a change. I am going to be completing Les Mills Combat with my fiance. Our wedding is August 9th and we both want to not only look better for it but also start the rest of our lives in a more healthy manner. We should be getting our DVD's tomorrow and plan to start on Tuesday the 8th.
  • jencroki
    Options
    First congratulations in your upcoming wedding :) , second Les Mills Combat is great!!! You are going to love it! I did one round 6-7 months ago and I started a hybrid (combat/pump this past Monday) which is really intense but so far I'm loving it. Yes the last few pounds are the hardest to lose since you are closer to your normal weight. One thing is try to go through the program's nutritional guide it will help you maximize your weight loss, is not a diet though is just show you the right food you need to eat for that kind of intense workout, your body is going to need that food, also is going to tell you what is recommended by many health professionals, to eat 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big ones, spreading your meals that way every 2-3 hours (3 meals,3 snacks) will help your metabolism and that way lose weight. Keep it up and don't get discourage!

Also focus more on measurements instead of scale, how your clothes fit etc sometimes we lose fat but we gain muscle so the scale won't show "improvement" but the measuring tape will tell you the truth..it happened to me with my last routine... I did the 21 day fix, I'm close to my normal weight, the scale only showed 2 lbs lost in 3 weeks which is not impressive but when I measured myself I lost a total of 7", almost 3 inches on waist and that's a lot :) so keep going! and if you need any help with the program let me know!!
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    First congratulations in your upcoming wedding :) , second Les Mills Combat is great!!! You are going to love it! I did one round 6-7 months ago and I started a hybrid (combat/pump this past Monday) which is really intense but so far I'm loving it. Yes the last few pounds are the hardest to lose since you are closer to your normal weight. One thing is try to go through the program's nutritional guide it will help you maximize your weight loss, is not a diet though is just show you the right food you need to eat for that kind of intense workout, your body is going to need that food, also is going to tell you what is recommended by many health professionals, to eat 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big ones, spreading your meals that way every 2-3 hours (3 meals,3 snacks) will help your metabolism and that way lose weight. Keep it up and don't get discourage!

Also focus more on measurements instead of scale, how your clothes fit etc sometimes we lose fat but we gain muscle so the scale won't show "improvement" but the measuring tape will tell you the truth..it happened to me with my last routine... I did the 21 day fix, I'm close to my normal weight, the scale only showed 2 lbs lost in 3 weeks which is not impressive but when I measured myself I lost a total of 7", almost 3 inches on waist and that's a lot :) so keep going! and if you need any help with the program let me know!!

I got my DVD's yesterday (yay a day early), I should be getting my Shakeology in the next few days. Did you follow the first week of the meal plan? I'm nervous about dropping my calories down to 1200 a day for a week, I tend to binge if I'm really hungry.
  • jencroki
    Options
    No, I started my allowed meal plan which was between 1500-1700 calories instead. That first option is to help you kick start the program, but 1200 calories is doable if you pick the right foods (filling ones). When I did the 21 day fix my calorie range was 1200 for 3 weeks and I was scared too but I did, I ate 6 small meals every 2-3 hrs each (and always tried that breakfast, lunch and dinner) were filling, like eggs, turkey ham, oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast, (lots of veggies, protein {chicken for example}, avocado) for dinner, the snacks were always fruit or almonds or cheese is a matter of splitting the meals during the day the right way and you won't be hungry :)
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    No, I started my allowed meal plan which was between 1500-1700 calories instead. That first option is to help you kick start the program, but 1200 calories is doable if you pick the right foods (filling ones). When I did the 21 day fix my calorie range was 1200 for 3 weeks and I was scared too but I did, I ate 6 small meals every 2-3 hrs each (and always tried that breakfast, lunch and dinner) were filling, like eggs, turkey ham, oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast, (lots of veggies, protein {chicken for example}, avocado) for dinner, the snacks were always fruit or almonds or cheese is a matter of splitting the meals during the day the right way and you won't be hungry :)

Thank you so much. It's totally doable just wasn't sure it sounded very smart. I'm sure they know what they are doing though and I'll just follow the plan.