Welcome to Day 100!!!

Options

Replies

• deb4realfloyd
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Deb. I am 5'4 and hovering around 170lbs. After 2 years I have lost 80lbs and in the last 6 months I have gained 20 of it back. I am unwilling to gain anymore. I live a few miles from the beach and want to spend most of this summer in a bikini for the first time in my whole life.
    I really liked the way that a few of you have listed things that you are leaving behind but more importantly what you are planning on adding into your life so that's what I'm going to do too!
    Leaving behind:
    Alcohol (This is probably the hardest for me to do without, which is slightly shameful)
    Processed sugars
    Going all day without eating

Adding:
    Excising a minimum of 3x a week hopefully closer to 5x
    Self-affirmations everyday (*sigh* I don't believe in this now but I can't ignore the research anymore)
    Eating every 3 hours or so
    Finding new foods to cook

My hope is that with new friends and community support and accountability I can really get rid of the rest of this bulge.

What reaching my goals really means:
    Fitting into the "skinny" clothes I bought and barely wore
    Seeing more muscle than fat
    Wearing a bikini and feeling good about it
    Feeling good in my own skin and knowing that it has more to do with the inside than my actual skin

These next 100 days are going to include physical challenges but a lot of emotional challenges as well. 100 days to go and feeling hopeful! Glad to have company on this journey.
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been at this awhile so this required some thought :tongue:

Giving up:

1. Evening snacks
    2. Stay out of co-workers candy bowl
    3. Red meat (only allowed twice a week)

Adding:

1. Exercise in the morning at least 10-15 minutes a day
    2. Get up every hour from my desk at work even to stretch or march in place
    3. Don't use elevator (even when my arms are loaded down)

Good luck everyone!
  • amyc_900
    amyc_900 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Think I may be a day late joining but am so ready for this!

Im 5ft 2 & 129lbs, would really like to get to 110, but that feels a long way off right now, so....

Giving up:
    - chocolate (for lent but plan to continue this till the end of this now!)
    - junk between meals - drink water instead

Taking up:
    - water - 1.5l a day, increasing when used to it
    - exercise - 30 mins exercise video every other day

Hoping to see some effects soon!
    good luck all :) x
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharon

5 ft 3 & 186 lbs. Ugh, but that's why I'm here.

I'm going to Cancun in 105 days so this is perfect timing for me!

Giving up:

- sodium - I'm a salt addict. Used the sea salt and just used more since I couldn't really taste it.
    - Coffee creamer - 120 calories a day wasted on one cup of coffee in the morning.
    - pasta, white bread and rice

Taking up:
    - water - 100 oz a day.
    - exercise - 5 times a week 60 minutes each day. 3 days strength, 2 days cardio, and planks every darn day!

Ready, Set, Go!
  • girllizzard
    girllizzard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello - a late joiner, but happy to be with you. I'm Elizabeth, rejoined MFP just yesterday. I had to give up running a couple of years ago and am still coping with weight issues since. I eat a plant based diet, for both health and ethical reasons, but live with omnivores so I do a lot of cooking. I garden, do yoga and walk a lot. Anyone training for a marathon or half? I haven't signed up for one but am anxious to walk one this summer. Oh, BTW I'm 61 and an active retiree and want to lose at least 10 pounds, again for health reasons.
  • girllizzard
    girllizzard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I see I forgot to post what I'll be giving up or adding. Giving up late day snacking - a little is OK if I'm hungry, then I'll do something else. I'll be adding more exercise. I've joined a yoga class which I really like, and will be doing daily exercise. I always think I walk every day, but find that I don't unless I work at it. The weather has improved greatly, so that will definitely help. I'll let you know what I see every day on my daily get outside and walk or bike or stroll.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tracy....

Giving up:
    -sweets only once a week
    -No eating after dinner(late night snacking kills me)

Adding:
    -exercise 6 days per week min 30 minutes, with strength training 3x per week
    -10 8oz cups water per day

i will give this more thought and may add more later today.
  • archintrain
    archintrain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am Angie
    My weight has fluctuated from 130-160 since college. I am 5'4 and back up to 158. According to online calculators my body fat % is 32-38% depending on which calculation you do, and my BMI is 26.9

My goal is to lose a few pounds and ideally to get in shape and build more muscle...and look and feel good in my bikini!

I plan to:
    ~exersize more - even if it is just doing some squats, anything is better than nothing
    ~eat healthier - less processed, more veggies
    ~keep committed to watching my calorie intake and try not to go too much above my daily goal.

looking forward to warm weather and summer!!
  • tvn4ds
    tvn4ds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tammy. I've recently been given a great opportunity to "focus on my health" & I'm grabbing it with both hands. I knowiI'm a day late, but its never too late to make changes. I've got a lot to lose, but we all start somewhere.

43 yrs old
    5'2"

Next 100 days (99) - add
    1. Increase cardio to 6 days a week
    2. Increase weight training to 3x a week
    3. Walk/run a 5K

Next 100 days (99) - stop/do without
    1. Sweets
    2. Worrying about the number on the scale (focus on how I'm feeling)
    3. Less eating out
  • arsjcs
    arsjcs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm a day late but I'd like to join!! My name is Amanda, I'm 37 yrs old, 5'3 and 182. I'd like to lose 20 lbs before day 100.

Do's:
    - log EVERYTHING even when I'm embarrased I ate it (maybe that will keep me from eating it to begin with)
    - walk at least 30 minutes every day
    - 4x week workout in addition to walking. Yoga, zumba, P90x, SOMETHING

Don'ts:
    - don't completely beat myself up when I have a set back
    - GIVE UP
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Morning. I too am a day late and a dollar short.

I am excited about this group and am hopeful that we have lots of encouragement and discussions. Since giving up Facebook this site has become an addiction.

I am 51 years old and weigh 262.2 as of this morning.

I want to lose 25-30 lbs. in the next 99 days.

List of 3 do's

Must log some sort of exercise daily. If I can't get to the gym I need to take a walk.
    Drink my water. Sitting at my desk during the week this is easy. Weekends kill me.
    Log ALL my food. Sometimes I don't want to admit what I've eaten. You can lie to MFP but the body knows.

List of 3 don'ts

No more candy.
    No more diet soda. This always leads to a candy bar or chips for some reason.
    No more quitting. I'm tired of starting over.

Good luck to all of you! I won't be in a bikini (never will) but I want to lap swim as soon as the pool opens for summer. Would love to look and feel better putting a bathing suit on.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm Avalon or Ava for short.

I don't plan on cutting things out per say just making healthier choices. My Fiancee and I have very limited income. We eat a LOT of pasta and cheap foods. He allowed me rein over the shopping list this month and I kept it as cheap and healthy as I could. I feel good about the grocery's I bought for the month. Still a lot of pasta but I bought the whole grain kinds and bought Greek yogurt to replace most of the sour cream we use. I know it's not much but it's a start :)

I have personally been on his journey for about 4-5 years. It started out "easily" enough depending on who you were to ask. I am happy to share details so others may learn from my mistakes all you have to do is ask. To put it simply: Mentally abusive relationship and trying to please others before my self. I'm smarter than that now and I did end up with 50 pounds lost and kept them off for the last 4 years :D However I lost my motivation when I left. I stopped exercising. I still mostly watched what I ate as best as I could. I am now looking to get back into exercising. I'm ready to finish loosing the rest of this weight!

My goals are to simply get below 200 pounds. I flux between 210 to 215 pounds. I'm tired of feeling frustrated by it and am ready to work at it. My biggest problem is motivation. I hate exercising. I don't mind using my Wii for it but after a few days I just loose interest. As soon as the snow melts I'll be going on walks through the woods allergies permitting lol! Part of my problem this winter I know was Seasonal depression. It was bitterly cold and I wasn't going to move from under my blankets for any thing! And I know with summer coming I will again began to wane once the heat gets over 65 degrees. So Spring is my time to get into a routine so that maybe by the time the hot weather gets here it won't bother me as much. Any advice or friend request are always welcome :)
  • aunjerikap
    aunjerikap Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HEY you guys!!

My name is Aunjerika

My goal is to loose hopefully 40 to 50punds in this challenge.

It can be done in an healthy way!

I am giving up all juice( I am an extreme fruit juice drinker, its seriously a addiction)
    I plan to eat breakfast everyday.
    I plan to work out at least 6-7 days a week.
    I plan to drink at 10 cups to 17 cups a water a day( I usually never get in one cup a day)
    I also plan to eat 6 small meals a day! ( I barely get 3 meals in)
    I also plan to only eat animal protein a dinner( I think this one may be too hard lol)

I hope everyone's 100 day journey is successful and I hope we all can work together and support each other.
    If your not already my friend don't for get to add me.

Good luck!
  • lharm8888
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa. I am hoping that this group helps motivate me. I started clean eating last July and have lost about 8 lbs. slowly. I don't always watch my calories but it seems like I am still losing weight as long as I am not eating the processed foods and sweets. It's been hard though. I feel like I need to get back on track again. I'd love to lose another 5 pounds and be my dream to lose 10. I not only want to eat for weight loss but for my overall health. I turned 50 last July. I'm hoping that I can keep healthy for a long time.
  • lailie_paris
    lailie_paris Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm Krystal with this challenge I want to lose at least 30 pounds I work out twice a day I'm going to eat better and give up on my sweets this is !my time to shine48621456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • yvonnejobin1
    yvonnejobin1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Yvonne. I just joined mfp yesterday. I'm 25, 5'3" and 192 lbs. For the next 100 days, I'm

giving up:
    Breakfast and dinner- to be replaced with protein shakes
    mountain dew binging. I'm cutting back to one 16 oz per day
    excuses

picking up:
    c25k- I started it 3 months ago, and only made it to week 4. I plan on registering for a 5k this summer.
    stretching daily
    lots of water- at least 80 oz.

My goal is to take 15-20lbs off in the next 100 days
  • Curvygalslim
    Curvygalslim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Am De-Anna,my friends call me Dee.
    am currently 210*imagine and want to be atlesst 170 in a 100days.
    am giving up
    --no Biscuits,No Bread,No Cake and definitely no soda.
    --20 minutes of exercise be it running,walking,cardio
    also,no feeding after 8.
  • Jeannieclark84
    Jeannieclark84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Jeannie. I am a day late but I did well yesterday and found this group today and it is amazing.

I am 205 lbs and I am 5 foot 6 inches. I have lost about 75 lbs already but my goal is to be around 130 lbs by January of next year.

What I am giving up:
    1) Fast food
    2) Making excuses. Get this lazy but up and walk
    3) Bread

What I am adding:
    1) Jog at least 3x a week and walk on the days that I don't jog
    2) Yoga for the month of March, Then start insanity in April and finish it out
    3) Log and post everyday
    4) Post on her weekly weights on Saturday morning along with monthly measurements

I am looking forward to all the progress for myself and all of you that are doing the challenge!!

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to ALL! You guys have such great, achievable goals set for yourselves!!! Just taking this step is proof that you GOT THIS! As the journey continues I will be excited to see the many changes that we experience. I hope we all learn and grow together and from each other. Have an AWESOME weekend! And keep those goals in CHECK!
  • rnordaas89
    rnordaas89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to try this because I need something.
    My name is Rebecca.
    My 3 goals:
    1.Cut out all pop which means no alcohol drinks too
    2. Do a Jillian Michaels movie every other day
    3. Limit daily snacks to 100 cals or less