90-Day Fit & Nutr. Challenge Day #69 Sunday Share

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
jhv8dd.jpg

It's Day #69 of our challenge!!! I am so motivated and impressed by all of the wonderful work that everyone is putting in! Give yourself a round of applause for not giving up, jumping over obstacles, and pressing forward!!! :drinker:

For TODAY'S POST: Share your favorite exercises so far and why. :love:

REMINDER: Tomorrow our weigh-ins our due on the spreadsheet. Also, if you participated in the 7-Day Slim Down, please share your results on Monday' thread.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My favourite exercise has turned out to be TRX classes. I went to my first one at the beginning of this challenge, and have only missed one since. I like that it is challenging, easily adapted to different abilities, and that I can really push myself just by changing my body position and the amount of tension/pressure on the TRX straps. I also like that it seems to be making really big changes to my body - I just updated my measurements, and had to triple check them because I was sure I had made a mistake. The only thing I have been doing differently is the TRX, and while the pounds aren't dropping quickly (and will often remain the same for several weeks at a time), I'm dropping inches like crazy. I've tried step classes and Zumba, but they just weren't for me. I think I like the simple moves In TRX, and that you will generally do a set of 4-6 moves three times, then move to something else.
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post :)
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea, I had never heard of TRX until you posted about it, but it sounds interesting. And, with losing all those pounds, I will be looking into seeing if it is offered near me. I sometimes venture out and get a summer gym membership. Thanks for the share!
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm with Chelsea on the dislike of Zumba and step class. I have no rhythm!

My favorite exercise this week is planking. On march 1st, I began a 30 day burpee challenge, but a week in, I got sick and was out of commission for 4 days. My husband had started the 30 day plank challenge at the same time and by the time I recovered from my cold, he was struggling. So, I switched to the plank challenge so I could actively support him. He's up to a 90 second plank now. We had family over for dinner last night and he challenged everyone to a plank competition. There were 9 of us, as young as 12 up to my husband who is 56. The longest plank was done by my 31 year old nephew, who lasted 2.5 minutes. That is, until I stepped up with my 47 year old self - the third oldest in the room. I rocked it for 5 minutes! That will go down as one of my top 10 favorite NSV's ever. The best part was, my family was so supportive and positive and made me feel so good. I feel lucky to be surrounded by so much love. I reminds me that I did not make it to this point by myself. It took a team.

Then we were laughing, about how we all used to just sit around and eat and drink alcohol. Now we're all eating healthy and having plank challenges in the living room! Although my 31 year old nephew asked for a beer with a straw while he was planking. Funny.

Plank on everyone!
    Roni
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hmm, tough question since I haven't really changed my exercise routine. Well, now that I think about it. Since starting this challenge I started New Rules of Lifting Supercharged by Lou Schuler. I have done the NROL workouts before (for women and for abs) This one is more flexible since we can choose our exercise from the ones suggested and I like to challenge myself. I also like all the mini challenges I have done with all of you and my facebook friends. Zumba? I just love it, I teach it (almost 5 yrs now).

Chelsea, I have heard of TRX. I would love to try it one of these days. I would also like to try crossfit one of these days. Anyone? I am going to try to do at least one class before we finish this challenge.

Roni, congrats on your 5 min plank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Join the club!!! I too have held a 5 min plank. It really helps to be distracted. I put my iPad underneath my face and watched youtube while planking. Time went by fast that way. :laugh: :wink: It was a 30 day challenge and the max was 5 mins. I wonder if I can hold it holder. Not inclined to try it soon unless challenged. LOL

:flowerforyou: