Memorial Day Low Carb Weight Loss Challenge: Week 2

Options
Citrislazer
Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
Week 2 runs from 3/17 to 3/23.

Optional mini challenge for the week: Set your Memorial Day weight loss goal. Tell us what percentage you’re working towards losing for this challenge. (Thanks for the terrific idea lisajsund!)

Remember, we are doing a running total of percentage lost. Use your starting weight when you joined this challenge, and subtract this week’s weigh-in. If you’ve lost weight since last week, your percentage this week will be bigger compared to what you posted last week.

Current list of participants and their awesome progress:
Strawmama- 0.42%
frob23- 1.75%
lisajsund- 0%
KarenisPaleo-
Figaver- 1.8%
NewInnerStren-
Spottedkathy-
Citrislazer- 1.8%
MelRC117- 0.99%
Kergil-
ejdp254- 0.8%
jmzz1-
17JayR- 1.16%
Siggasvana-
karryann2008- 0%
spottedkathy- 1.69%
caitaurelius- 0.42%
heatherdr-
TattooTwinset- 1.77%
malou1985- 0.735%
donnaamarie-
pixelled- 1.05%
Madddonnnaaa-
Cathi888- 0%
Foomsy-

Formula for figuring combined weekly %
1. starting weight when you join challenge – this week’s weight
2. divide weight lost by starting weight
3. Mutliply by 100

Anyone is welcome to join the challenge at any time. To join, set your weight loss goal for Memorial Day and post what percentage you’re working towards losing.

Here’s the formula for figuring your goal %:
1. current weight this week – Memorial Day goal weight
2. divide weight lost by current weight this week
3. multiply by 100

I know that some of us weigh multiple times a week. Please post just one result for the weekly results list. But, feel free to post encouragement to others as many times as you want, tell us about your progress, or little victories.

Let's have fun!

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I posted I lost 1.69% last week. Not sure why I didn't get updated :)
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    Hi kathy,
    Opps, looks like I have you on the list twice. One shows your post from last week the other doesn't. I guess you're the lucky one that has to do double the work. lol ;-) Good catch. I'll delete the extra one for next weeks post. Thanks!
  • karryann2008
    Options
    I lost this week 1.87% :smile:
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to record a 0% for this week -bloating , water retention due to women's stuff , bah humbug, let's hope for a good number next week!!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Start Week Weight: 79.4kg
    This Week Weight: 77.3kg
    Total Percentage Lost: 2.66% (Change: +0.91%)
    Goal Percentage Lost: 8.32%

I know it seems like I am low-balling my goal percentage. But, that weight will put me only 15lbs away from my goal weight. I expect things to slow down as I get near there. I want my goal percentage to be reasonable.

Just like last week: My current percentage is based on unrounded values and is accurate. If you use the rounded values (from above) you get a slightly different number.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Current %: 1.73
    Goal %: 4.6
    I know the goal is quite small given the amount I have lost in these last two weeks alone, but I will have a couple of weeks where my goal will be just to not gain weight and I would rather have to up my goal having reached it early than not reach it.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Down again this week. 0.96%.
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh in every 2 weeks, so I will check in next week. I've found that if I weigh myself too often it really messes with my mood and sets me back if the number isn't what I was expecting.
    As a goal for the challenge, I'd like to lose 2.5 lbs a week,which will put me between 11-12% total.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Gained a little bit this week so my new % of loss is 1.21% down from 1.69%. I just started Hip Hop Abs this week so I am hoping that helps mext week's weigh in. :)

My goal for Memorial Day is to be down 9%.
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    kathy, I'm positive it's just water weight. When I started my p90 video, I was warned that an increase in exercise will cause the body to hang on to extra water for 2-3 weeks. In the end though, you'll lose more weight. Well worth sticking to it. :-)

Great job so far everyone! Let's smash through those goals!
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not as much as I wanted, but - yay! - I'm down 0.5 lb!

That is (drumroll please!........................) a percentage of 0.26%. Weekly and Total loss to date.

Memorial Day goal - 7.65%, which would put me at 22-23% BF as long as I don't lose any muscle.

May have to change my weigh in day next week, we'll see. My sleep will be jacked up due to work for a Wednesday morning weigh in.
  • caitaurelius
    caitaurelius Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I haven't lost this week - I've gained! Back to my starting weight, so running total is 0% :noway:

I really hope it's water weight as I'm a few days in to the 30DS...
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    2.82% this week, BAM! I lost 1.8lbs this last week. :-D

My goal for Memorial Day is somewhere between 10.74% and 13%. I would prefer 13%, but I would still be happy with being over 10.74%. My goal is to drop 30lbs by my 30th birthday, which is 2 weeks after Memorial Day. 10.74% is right on track for my 30lb goal, 13% is what I'm gunning for.

"Shoot for the stars, because you always have the moon to fall back on."
  • ejdp254
    Options
    I'm sure someone has already said but being English I don't know when memorial day is! Care to share??
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has already said but being English I don't know when memorial day is! Care to share??
    Memorial Day is observed the last Monday in May. This year it is May, 26th.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Welp. Gained .46% this week. I know its just ounces really but it seems like I do this 2 steps forward, one step back thing alot. I think I was over my calories (even though low carb those days and I think I may have eaten too many carbs and knocked myself out of ketosis). I also didn't log in at all yesterday, so now I'm back to day 1 in my day count for logging in.

My work is doing a "kickstart challenge" that offers multiple weekly prizes, as well as overall prizes for points earned during this 3 month challenge. It's all about working out, which is what I really need to get back to doing. It's all free AND includes a complementary 3 month membership to a REALLY nice gym in my area that offers classes, personal training sessions, plus workout equipment. Can't turn down free!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options

No need to feel bad about that. I'm American, and I didn't know. I had to go look it up online.
  • ejdp254
    Options
    Thanks all:flowerforyou:
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i dont have a scale at home but when i weighed myself this morning my percentage is now at 3.2!
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    my starting was 245-237=8 8 divided by 245= 0.03265 mulitply that by 100 puts us at 3.265, right?