Organic Cereal

Options
onebookwonder
onebookwonder Posts: 17 Member
Anybody have some good recommendations for organic cereal? I'd like something with whole grains in it, but that's not bland.

Replies

• lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Autumn or Cinnamon Harvest but I am trying not to eat cereal as I find it hard to control my carb intake!
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Organic Scottish Oatmeal

After a lifetime of hating oatmeal (well, never properly giving it chance really!), I have come full circle to LOVE it and can't go a morning without. I particularly like the Scottish oatmeal, as it is a blend of steel cut and ground oats, so it is quite a bit chewier than regular rolled oats. I have mine plain made with just water, but you could also put a little Stevia in it for sweetness, some fresh berries or raisins, almond milk, cinnamon, etc. :) 140 calories per serving and 6 grams of protein!
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Organic Scottish Oatmeal

After a lifetime of hating oatmeal (well, never properly giving it chance really!), I have come full circle to LOVE it and can't go a morning without. I particularly like the Scottish oatmeal, as it is a blend of steel cut and ground oats, so it is quite a bit chewier than regular rolled oats. I have mine plain made with just water, but you could also put a little Stevia in it for sweetness, some fresh berries or raisins, almond milk, cinnamon, etc. :) 140 calories per serving and 6 grams of protein!
    I also love oatmeal, and it definitely doesn't have to be bland. There are recipes everywhere for toppings and flavorings, and they can easily be tweaked so that they are 'healthy' or 'clean' :smile:
  • iamnotspam
    iamnotspam Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For organic cereal, Mom and I really like Cascadian Farm Organic Granola cereals. :D
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love all the Kashi varieties.

Also I love Weetabix though I don't think it's organic per se, it is up there in fiber and some protein and flexible (can be eaten hot or cold), my favorite!
  • lonelychats
    lonelychats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried making your own bircher? You need to do it in advance anyway so you can make a big bowl for the next few days. And you get to choose all of the ingredients.