Carb intake and exercise

Options
Hi All,

I have just recently started Atkins (Wednesday) and log my meals on MFP because that is easier than writing everything down and looking for the paper and pen every minute (I'm forgetful) anyway...

I'm sure this has been asked before but I cannot find it.

When you complete exercise, are you suppose to eat back the carbs that you have worked off ?. MFP recommends you eat back your calories but I'm not sure if the Atkins allows for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Carbs no. Calories yes or no, it depends on how much your body needs. Most try to net above their BMR. If I've done my exercise video for the day, then I usually need to eat some calories back to stay above my BMR.
  • washingtonred
    Options
    Carbs no. Calories yes or no, it depends on how much your body needs. Most try to net above their BMR. If I've done my exercise video for the day, then I usually need to eat some calories back to stay above my BMR.

^^^^This^^^^

If I'm hungry then I will eat something, if I'm not then I'll wait until I am.

Red
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Stick to the macros, what ever ratio of carbs, protein and fat you have. I eat 80% cals from fat, 15% from protein and 5% from carbs. If I have to eat more after a workout, I eat with same macros though I am eating more carbs. I usually don't worry too much about calorie counting, I eat more if I am hungry and won't if I am not.
  • carlywarlywains
    carlywarlywains Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. The Diet has been working for me, but really wanted to check.

Good Luck on everyones journey and if anyone wants to add me as a friend on here, plz feel free.