Accidentally ate too many carbs... Can I exercise them off?

Options
rlengland2014
rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
So I wasn't paying enough attention today and ate above my carb limit. If I exercise more than usual, will that use up my excess carbs and keep me in ketosis? Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you over ate. Usually you will be kicked out of ketosis when the liver starts producing higher quantities of insulin, after you ate carbs. Try to get back in to ketosis in next few days.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I ate 40 carbs today, usually I'm under 20. Damn, veggies can have sneaky carbs! ;)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I ate 40 carbs today, usually I'm under 20. Damn, veggies can have sneaky carbs! ;)

No need to worry about it. That isn't enough to cause you any setback. I've had net carbs in the 70s on occasion, and stayed in ketosis. A lot of people on keto have a carb goal higher than 20 anyway, just so you know.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    40g is fine and is very unlikely to knock you out of Ketosis. Don't worry! :)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options

Most likely ok, if you are leto adapted. Keep those ketone blood strips handy for days like this. You will find out what your limit is, which may help you to eat more carbs than what you are eating today.