Newbie Here!

Options
Hello fellow 40-Somethings!!

I'm new to your group and my 40's, having just hit the big 40 this past week. I've been using Fitness Pal for about a year....Ok, I started using it a year ago and fell off the wagon. Just got back on right after my birthday and I'm ready to go!! Already down 10 pounds!!

I'm a single mom to an amazing 5 year old and I work an overnight shift as a Public Safety Dispatcher. So nothing about my life is normal or routine, which makes the weight issue even harder. I gained almost 100 pounds during a difficult pregnancy with my little guy and just never lost it. Now it's time. I'm getting older and I want to be able to enjoy my kid...So here we go!!

Replies

• gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nice work on losing 10 pounds already, sounds like you are off to a great start. Welcome to the group and back to MFP.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi :) welcome back! im new also and to hear you lost 10 pounds already makes me feel great, and relieved, i just cancelled weight watchers, gawd losing weight was so easy before poof 2 weeks id be down 10 pounds, hit 43 and somehow gained 40 pounds (somehow she says lol) i know how but jeez c'mon get off me already lol
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me I am here most every day ! Good job on making the choice to get healthy and enjoy your life especially with your little guy growing up. It goes by so quickly ! Great job on the 10 pounds gone already !!
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! New here too! Just started back up yesterday. Welcome to your 40's...it's not such a bad place to be. :happy:

Lisa
  • Chris50mfp
    Chris50mfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I just came over from lose it - and looking for a good community - so far so good !
  • NLWears
    NLWears Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined this group too. Anyone looking for a friend? Add me! Anyone else having a hard time believing they belong in a 40s group besides me? My brain still thinks it's 20-something. LOL
    And congrats on losing 10 lbs!!
  • wantintolose40
    wantintolose40 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HI all, I also just joined this group last weekend, and I too just cancelled my Weight Watchers membership. I am hoping this sight will help me stay accountable for what I am eating. We all can use support and motivation so please feel free to add me! Congrats on losing 10 pounds!
  • msbklynfrankie
    Options
    Yep, I just woke up one day and my clothes didn't fit anymore. I swear I've been bamboozled! I'm trying to click my heels three times and it ain't working. I'm still in the same bad dream where I'm 45 pounds heavier than my old "fat girl" size. I would love to be that "fat girl" again. :sad:
  • jamesadams3766952
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great site with many highly supportive people. I think you'll enjoy it.