Nutritional plan

Options
Another question for you all!

Are you following a specific diet while working this program? or following the program's nutritional plan? Are you doing portion control? Eating 5-6 small meals a day (this helps accelerate your metabolism and burn fat faster)

Need to remember the 80/20 rule (80% diet, 20% exercise), nutrition is the most important thing if you want to see results, no matter how much you work out of your not fueling your body with the right food you won't see the changes you want.

Replies

• jhonanie89
    jhonanie89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not following a specific diet. Trying to watch what I eat and focus more on portion control. I think that's what I struggle with the most. I'm just trying to avoid fast food and drinking soda (which is my biggest weakness).
  • jencroki
    jencroki Posts: 30
    Options
    Oh yes I used to struggled a lot with soda but I just decided not to buy it..if is not in my house I won't drink it :), fast food I was never a fan (though I could eat a five guys burger any time lol)...I just try to cook all my meals at home and prep food for next day so I don't have to buy anything while working. I did the 21 day fix program and that helped me a lot with portion control and what to eat and it had helped me a lot...even though I"m doing combat now I still follow the portion control part and it's been great :)
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I should be getting my DVD's in the mail tomorrow and I am hoping to follow the meal plan as well. I figure I'll get the best results that way.
  • jess8gonzo
    jess8gonzo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Currently on week 7 of the Les Mills Combat/Pump Challenge. Overall I have lost about 25 lbs...not just on this program but overall on Insanity, T25 and now this program. This by far is the best program and the most fun. I probably put back on another 5lbs so I want to say I have 15lbs overall to lose (just estimating). I frankly stopped weighing myself because I found that I wasn't moving on the scale much but I was losing inches. Love the muscle! I found this has helped me so much. I would get so depressed about the scale and I finally figured that the number doesn't mean a thing. You can weigh 150 with muscle or 150 with no definition and look totally different.

Also I cut out grains and sugar. More like a primal diet because I love dairy and I refuse to give it up. I eat three meals a day with maybe a snack. I even dabbled in intermit fasting but that is only because I find it helps me with my work schedule. Currently switching from nightshift and then back to days when I'm at home with my kiddos. I didn't start out eating this way and it's been about a year long process for me. Lots of trial and error.