Fat Bomb

Options
Deborah105
Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
I sussed around on LCF and found a quick little recipe I could use for this evening since I wanted to add a bit more fat to my macros.

1 T butter
1 T coconut oil

I added a bit of liquid Stevia, a pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of powdered cocoa. Melted in MW then poured into a silicone muffin thingy. Waited about 20 minutes or so for it in the freezer. It was super delicious and filling.

Today is a weird day for me. I ate way over my calories yesterday. Just wanted to eat. Today I can barely gag down anything. Calories are around 800 or so. I'm not going to fret. It's probably my body leveling things out after yesterday.

I feel good. Sometimes a little shaky (this is 2nd week on keto), but I'm in ketosis and I know it takes time to get keto adapted.

Replies

• Mele1973
    Mele1973 Posts: 27
    Options
    What's the MW?

Way to go on not fretting; it's early; hang in there. Keto really becomes a breeze if you let it. Not that you can go by my food diary ATM!! ;) I'll get back to it. I ordered my blood meter today! Woot, woot!

Your fat bomb sounds good except for the cocoa to me... maybe vanilla would do it for me. Mmmm.
  • Deborah105
    Options
    Yeah! I think you could put anything in there that you wanted. I saw an idea where lemon juice was added. I think vanilla is a fantastic idea!

MW is microwave. I was too lazy to type it out. Can you believe that??

I'll be very interested to hear about your blood meter. Are you going to be using it mainly for ketosis? Or are there other applications? So far I can tell I'm in ketosis by my weird pee, weird breath, morning headaches, and I think I'm starting to smell a little different. Oh joy! :flowerforyou:

I'm rooting for you totally even though you do not know me. I applaud you really hard.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    What's the MW?

MicroWave I assume - to melt the coconut oil and butter.
  • Deborah105
    Options
    What's the MW?

MicroWave I assume - to melt the coconut oil and butter.

My acronyms only make sense to me! :glasses:
  • Deborah105
    Options
    @Mele1973 here is a recipe I found on the fat bomb thread:

1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 tbsp fine unsweetened coconut
    3-5 drops vanilla cream stevia
    @ 135 cal each with 1 net carb, 13g fat and 3g protein.

they sound fantastic!
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @Mele1973 here is a recipe I found on the fat bomb thread:

1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp almond butter
    @ 135 cal each with 1 net carb, 13g fat and 3g protein.

they sound fantastic!

Just to clairify, this recipe makes 2 fat bombs (if I make more, I eat more) and they ARE fantastic!! :wink:
  • Deborah105
    Options
    Yes to this! And I should have given credit where I found this. Thank you!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Try using equal parts coconut oil, butter and cream cheese and add lemon juice, lush mmmmmmmmm
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I gathered the recipes from another thread and am in the process of trying to build a database. I thought people reading this thread might want the (short) list I have so far:

Niccidawn092
    2 tablespoons of PB
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon of cocoa powder
    30g fat, 8g protein, 4 net carbs (author notes: estimated macros)

lebowski8
    1 stick of butter
    8 tablespoons coconut oil
    35 g cocoa
    4 tbsp. peanut butter
    1/2 tsp of liquid stevia
    No macros given (author notes: plans to sub coconut cream for oil in future batches)

Chris_B62
    1 Tbsp melted butter
    1 oz softened cream cheese
    2 Tbsp Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter
    1 tbsp. splenda
    Mix butter and cream cheese together then add Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter and splenda.
    No macros given (author notes: JUMPIN GEHOSEPHAT IT'S GOOD)

Soxanderous
    1 stick of butter
    120g coconut oil
    120 g almond butter
    4 squares Lindt 90% chocolate
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    one packet truvia
    No macros given

Msnucerity
    1/2 cup (or 1 stick) unsalted butter
    1/2 cup of coconut oil
    1/2 cup of natural almond butter
    2-3 tsp of cocoa powder (depending on your taste)
    3 tsp of stevia (or more if you want it sweeter)
    1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
    Melt over low heat, and then solidify in the freezer.
    110 calories/11g fat/1 carb per 1 tbsp. (author notes: macros ‘roughly’)

FXOjafar
    Makes 6 bombs:
    1/2 cup Coconut Oil
    1/2 Cup Kraft (No added sugar/salt) Crunchy Peanut Butter
    1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    1tbsp Natvia (stevia)
    1tbsp Cocoa
    313 cals, 3g Carb, 30g Fat, 6g Protein, 207mg K per bomb

Wilhellmina
    Makes 12 bombs:
    3 tbsp of butter
    3 tbsp of coconut oil
    3 tbsp of hazelnut butter
    Cacao
    1 tsp of cinnamon
    Pour into candy cups.
    83 calories, 9g fat,1g carbs, 1g protein, 0.5g fiber per bomb (author notes: I never use artificial sweetener with them)

louisette1988
    50 grams of unsalted butter
    50 grams of coconutoil
    50 grams of hazelnutbutter
    15 grams of cacao powder
    30 grams of coconut flakes
    1 gram of Splenda
    No macros given (author notes: Made some new ones yesterday and they are so good!)

ea101367
    Makes 2 bombs:
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp almond butter
    135 calories, 1 net carb, 13g fat, 3g protein

bernicem77
    Makes 6 bombs:
    1 pack cream cheese (room temperature)
    1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
    2 packs splenda
    Per bomb: 255 cal, 3g protein, 26g fat, 3 carbs (author notes: Taste like cheesecake to me)

AnguishLanguish
    Makes ~20 bombs:
    3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
    1/2 Cup Butter (Salted or Unsalted depending on taste and any other concerns you may have)
    3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
    2-4 Tablespoons of No added Sugar\Salt Peanut Butter
    Sweetener to taste: I use a mixture of Sugarless Liquid and Xylitol (granules). I find mixing the two cuts out the weird taste.
    Put in pan, melt, make sure any granulated sugar is dissolved. Pour into your moulds (I use ice cube trays).
    No macros given

ThunderButt11
    3oz cream cheese
    1/4 c shredded cheddar
    2 tbsp. salsa
    Hot sauce or sirracha to taste
    Warm cream cheese in microwave (about 20 seconds), stir in cheddar until melted, add salsa and hot sauce to taste.
    No macros given (author notes: Eat it with celery sticks. Yummy!)

JustFindingMe
    CHERRY BOMBS
    Makes 8 bombs:
    8 Tablespoons Heavy/Whipping Cream
    2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
    1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (Use Liquid or solid melted or will not blend properly )
    2 squirts MIO Black Cherry water enhancer ( small drops - very potent taste )
    Blend heavy cream, cream cheese and coconut oil with mixer/blend on high for two mins. Add a drop or two Mio (you can really use any flavor, lemonade is GREAT too). Drop by tablespoonful into ice cube tray. Store in freezer
    Calories 61, Fat 7g, Carb 0-1g (trace), Protein 1g per bomb (author notes: ITS SOOOO GOOD!!!)

Jasmine_James
    1 Justin's Peanut Butter Squeeze pack
    1 TBSP stevia-flavored chocolate chips (no sugar)
    1 TBSP Kerrygold Irish Butter
    2 TBSP stevia-flavored homemade whipped cream
    I like making a single serving at a time. So while making dinner, I'll melt the peanut butter and butter in a bowl then add the chocolate chips and put the bowl in the freezer. Once I'm done with dinner, I have a nice bowl of fat bomb ready for dessert. It's just frozen enough and then I top it with my whipped cream.
    No macros given

Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Regular Starbucks latte made from Heavy Whipping cream
    Incomplete macros given: 88g fat, (about) 7g carbs (author notes: ask them to sub the HWC for milk. I have never come across a Starbucks which wouldn't sub the milk for HWC in a latte.)
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that list --- I have been looking for ways to up my fat macro for a day and these will surely help. Are there any fat bombs out there that will raise my fat macro without raising my carbs for the day?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes,Skoster1 .

I just made some fat bombs this morning with melted organic butter, virgin coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa, some stevia and some chopped nuts. Mix and freeze. When done it tastes like 75% dark chocolate...tasty but not too sweet. It was so good even my husband who is not keto ate some.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ok so I haven't read any of the books but have been eating lchf since march 1st and most days my fat is over, I never have a hard time reaching my fat goals for the day. What is the purpose of the fat bombs? Is it for people who don't reach the daily fat goals?
  • Skoster1
    Options
    Ok so I haven't read any of the books but have been eating lchf since march 1st and most days my fat is over, I never have a hard time reaching my fat goals for the day. What is the purpose of the fat bombs? Is it for people who don't reach the daily fat goals?

Yup, as far as I can tell it is. I'm pretty much with you, hitting my fat goal is not a problem. Then again, I absolutely love all sorts of high fat things and could happily drink enough heavy whipping cream in one sitting to blow out my entire calorie goal for the day.
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Yup, as far as I can tell it is. I'm pretty much with you, hitting my fat goal is not a problem. Then again, I absolutely love all sorts of high fat things and could happily drink enough heavy whipping cream in one sitting to blow out my entire calorie goal for the day.

But what IS your fat percentage goal? Mine is 80% and usually hit around 72-75% without trying--already using butter on everything and using Coconut oil etc, so I do kind of need something to push it over the edge.
  • Skoster1
    Options
    My diary is open, but my goals are:

F:67%
    P: 26%
    C: 7%

Careful going too low protein, one really good reason to do keto is to maintain lean muscle mass so you don't end up skinny fat with a unsustainably low BRM. You need enough protein to spare the muscle.

Go here:
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/