3-19-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
Week 5 day 2 is done! It was two 8 minute runs and I did a lot better about not looking at the timer. I was impressed with how well I did considering that I struggled with the 1.5 minute runs the first week. I'm confident that I'll be able to do the 20 minutes on Friday!

Replies

• aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    kickboxing day for me, but my son wouldnt go. my daughter was at my mums so me and the hubby went for a run around the park. quite literally we ran around the edge of the park. 3.2k and i did it in 24 mins. no stopping, no walking. my hubby think i would be able to do 5k without stopping or walking. he may be right but i am enjoying doing this program i really believe it improves my stamina, speed and determination.
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Completed Week 5 altogether. Only three weeks to go. Feeling confident that I can stave off any injuries at this point.

Keep it up, team!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Off day for me but hope everyone had a great run today.:flowerforyou:
    Supposed to run tomorrow (W8 D2) but might postpone it (hectic day after work) to do on Friday.
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Was a gorgeous day here, so I ran instead of taking the day off. Week 6, Day 1: 10min runs x 2. That first 10min felt really long, but the 2nd was mostly downhill and I easily kept going afterwards. It almost felt like cheating.

I bet all of us could do the 5k at this point (with the right state of mind), but I know its usually better to take it gradually to avoid injuries.