KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout - Founders)

Options
webdevsoup
webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
Picked up my first two 4-packs last night, or my fiancé did. I pick my two up tomorrow. Excited for this, except two of the four 4-packs are already given away, and 2 bottles out of the remaining 4-packs are also promised. Now, to search on release day, and get 1 more, possibly 2 more 4-packs.

Anyone else excited for this release?

Replies

• j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Not distributed in CA :/

Have to look for it online
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I sampled it on draft. The normal breakfast stout is too coffee-heavy for my liking, and this tasted like someone poured bourbon in the coffee. Extremely strong. I can see how people would like it, but it wasn't for me... Maybe because I don't really like coffee or bourbon. Hmmmmm.

Anyways, enjoy! It's always fun to score a bunch of special release brew =)
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    crystal - That, and it's WAY better after you age it for a few years. I have a 2012 in my basement, trying to score a 2013, and then I'll have the 2014. I want to do a vertical tasting next year. Possibly this year.

j75j75 - That sucks man, I forgot it's not distributed out there. The problem with finding it online, is that you have to pay "black market prices". Around here, that's $50 a 4-pack.
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find it around here. Usually I can only score some in trades, and it's well worth it.
  • SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Waiting for it to hit the shelves in Mass. Had my first taste at a beer fest this past Saturday and happy this lives up to the hype. Also hoping for some Firestone Walker Parabola.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I happened to be in Grand Rapids when it was released and was lucky to come away with four 4-packs of it. They sell it off a bottle at a time for $6 in Milwaukee and even then it's hard to get. Tonight one of the local bars is tapping it so I'm heading out for a snifter or two before ending the night on a nice IPA chaser.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What perfect timing for my new profile picture!

Yes. I'm excited. Can't wait until I'm not sick anymore so can truly enjoy it!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I sampled it on draft. The normal breakfast stout is too coffee-heavy for my liking, and this tasted like someone poured bourbon in the coffee. Extremely strong. I can see how people would like it, but it wasn't for me... Maybe because I don't really like coffee or bourbon. Hmmmmm.

Anyways, enjoy! It's always fun to score a bunch of special release brew =)

Founder's Breakfast Stout? Ah, bummer! To me it's the perfect coffee stout (and I generally prefer dry, oatmeal stouts!). We liked it so much that my husband and I used it in our wedding cake!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I got my two four packs. Had one fresh the other day. MUCH better with some age on it. I've got a few 2012 and 2013 bottles as well. I'll probably do a 3 year vertical soon and then still have enough to do a four year next year. I love aging beers!
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I dream of the day that Founders is available in CA.

Until then, the smuggling will continue.
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    I got my two four packs. Had one fresh the other day. MUCH better with some age on it. I've got a few 2012 and 2013 bottles as well. I'll probably do a 3 year vertical soon and then still have enough to do a four year next year. I love aging beers!

I'm actually getting a group together to do a... Wait for it... 6 year vertical of KBS. 2 bottles of each year, and there are 11 of us.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Someone from Founders brought us a couple of mixed cases and I was lucky enough to snag one of the four KBS bottles that were in it.

I'm not one for aging/saving. I'll probably just drink it.

Is it just me, or was KBS way easier to find a few years ago?
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    Is it just me, or was KBS way easier to find a few years ago?

Absolutely it was. It only got REAL big about 2 years ago. Someone I know still has 30 bottles of last years.