breakfast ideas

Options
njitaliana
njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
Can anyone recommend some lower-carb breakfast ideas other than crustless quiches? I eat quite a bit of those, and I'd like some other ideas. I don't really need recipes at this point, just some ideas as to what others eat.

Thanks

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Cottage cheese and vegetables, hard-boiled eggs or tuna with raw vegetables or a salad, and leftovers from dinner are some non-traditional breakfasts that can work really well. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend some lower-carb breakfast ideas other than crustless quiches? I eat quite a bit of those, and I'd like some other ideas. I don't really need recipes at this point, just some ideas as to what others eat.

Thanks

Hi njitalina!

I'm a former Garden Stater from southern Camden County, currently living in Cincinnati Ohio, and boy do I miss being at the "Jersey Shore."

Having been gifted with the “nutribullet” at Christmas time last year, I’ve found this addition to my kitchen of gadget tools to be both delicious and very beneficial towards my blood sugar management goals.

As an insulin dependent T2 diabetic following a limited to moderate meal plan, I find the combinations and recipes using this appliance to be endless and filling too, carrying me over to my next meal effortlessly.

Typically adding a cup of (45g) compressed baby spinach greens, a small (<100g) of banana, adding in a combination of (100g) blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in addition to adding 2tblsp of flaxseed along with 15g to 30g of unsalted almonds, and finally adding in 8-8.5oz of almond milk too.

The carbohydrate value by using this recipe for me is 47g total and find acceptable towards my goals. Each of us are unique to our approach in managing our condition, so your (YDMV) condition might vary by using my recommendation.

Ultimately by using your meters’ test results 1-2 hours after-will you learn if this is a good choice for you or not.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    227g plain non-fat Greek yogurt
    2 TBS DaVinci Sugar free syrup - flavor depends on mood or fruit
    1 scoop Vanilla or Chocolate protein powder

That base is about 220 calories, 43g of protein and 13 carbs.
    For months that was pretty much my entire breakfast. Recently I've been increasing my morning calories, so now I usually add

50-60g blueberries, strawberries or other fruit for ~50 calories
    15g Fibre One Original cereal - 30 calories, 13g carbs, 7g fiber

Now my typical breakfast is around 300 calories, 44g protein, 38g carbs, 1g fat, 8 g fiber. I find that lasts me until lunch time.