Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Recovery and what to do.

2»

Replies

• Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    If you enjoy cardio, then by all means, do cardio. I might just do it after your workout only and cut it out completely on your recovery days if it's affecting your squatting for the next session. Always treat lifting with more priority than cardio (unless there is some cardiovascular issue that must be addressed or maybe your goal to running). What's nice about the program is it's protocol already has in place a means to reduce volume when needed (albeit, if running a deficit, most people will encounter the need to employ this earlier due to recovery issues before your genetic muscle potential would have...if that makes sense).

I think Mehdi actually comments somewhere on his site about most men will need to shift over to an Intermediate program for squats when they are squatting in the 300's for reps. I think this is just from what he has seen from the general populous over the years and nothing necessarily based on scientific application or anything. So keep that in mind as well just as information.

I wouldn't say I "enjoy" cardio; it's just been a pretty big part of my success in losing weight. Maybe I would do just as well without it, but it's hard to switch this close to the goal line.

It's funny because today is Wednesday - pre-workout - and I feel great. I'm wondering if I am reacting too much to one tough week. I may try to keep the squats going and see what happens. I will decide once I get to the gym.

Thanks for the feedback.