Workouts you do at your desk

Options
kandell
kandell Posts: 473 Member
I've only recently started working in an office, so I'm pretty new to the idea of "deskercising". But I've been trying to find a few ways to keep decently active while at work. I drink a lot of water, so I get up to refill my cup or walk to the restroom, and that's okay, but I still spend most of my time on my butt.

I don't want to get sweaty or look like a goofball by lifting weights in my cubicle, but I still want to get some activity in during the day. I try to fidget as mush as possible while I'm seated. Mostly it's wiggling or moving my legs. I also like to hold onto my desk and do twists with my office chair. I'm also trying to spend more time getting up and standing for a bit.

What kind of exercises do you do while at your desk?

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi Kandall and welcome. It can be hard to fit in some exercise while we're at work, but it's possible. I tend to do my exercises when I have my office to myself, or I slip into the stairwell to do some squats and push ups using the stairs. Some people use a single restroom, a conference room, or small office library. The stairwell is actually my first choice.

This year I'm working on my arms. I've just started triceps dips, which are explained in this video, and can be done using a stable chair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhqz1DgzN8