Replies

• mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I use 2lb weights
  • mamaleftwich
    Options
    I've started this twice but never got past 30 days... definitely hoping that the group environment will help me complete it. Gotta hold each other accountable! The hardest thing for me is that it's a continuous 30 days. I am 19, so I still live with family (specifically my grandparents and cousin), and I feel awkward doing the workout in front of them, so if they're home and there's no place to do it I usually just... don't do it. I gotta try to just deal with that and do it anyway!

I understand...but you'll be o.k.! It's a total of about 25-30 minutes and then you're finished. Try to see if you can get it in while everyone is doing something or out and about. If not have them be your cheerleaders!!! Make it work for you!
  • mamaleftwich
    Options
    Hiya im looking forward to starting the 30 day shread again, im a bridesmaid next month so need to do something as dress is a bit tight... well actually it doesnt fit but its ok as im on a mission and if i dont loose enough i can have it let out.

When i got the dvd a while ago i did day 1 at 6am and then went and done a full day of shopping in a pair of 5 inch heels... my thighs were sore for days i struggled to get upstairs so i think this time round ill be in flats for the 30 days :D I think i used 1lb weights... not sure though will check in morning as there on hubbys side of the bed best not check incase i drop them on his head :D xxx
    oh my goodness when you first get started that first few days are killer. I remember being so scared that i had hurt myself it works you that hard! lol i will defiantly be in flats as well! Has anyone worn shoes while working out? I wonder if it makes any difference on how much pressure your putting on your legs\knees
  • mamaleftwich
    Options
    Hiya im looking forward to starting the 30 day shread again, im a bridesmaid next month so need to do something as dress is a bit tight... well actually it doesnt fit but its ok as im on a mission and if i dont loose enough i can have it let out.

When i got the dvd a while ago i did day 1 at 6am and then went and done a full day of shopping in a pair of 5 inch heels... my thighs were sore for days i struggled to get upstairs so i think this time round ill be in flats for the 30 days :D I think i used 1lb weights... not sure though will check in morning as there on hubbys side of the bed best not check incase i drop them on his head :D xxx
    oh my goodness when you first get started that first few days are killer. I remember being so scared that i had hurt myself it works you that hard! lol i will defiantly be in flats as well! Has anyone worn shoes while working out? I wonder if it makes any difference on how much pressure your putting on your legs\knees

I wear tennis shoes...
  • mamaleftwich
    Options
    Im so excited I found this group, sadly I can not get past day 3! i am hoping you guys can motivate me to do this everyday, i have started it numerous times. my friend did it and it worked for her, i know once i get past maybe day 4 or 5 it will get easier lol i am curious as to how many calories you guys think it will burn? im 5'9 160 pounds..
    Hey! Thanks for joining us! I know it is really tough to get past the first few days, i myself have never made it past day 12 consecutively but i am hoping with encouragement from each other and now with other people watching i can do it! lol I think it really comes down to becoming routine and it just becoming part of your day. I have searched for it on MFP trying to add it to my exercises but i can never find it. It does change depending on your height weight etc so im not sure. It is non stop for 20 minutes, i think it probably burns anywhere from 150-300 calories depending on how hard your working, but im not totally sure.

I log it as circuit training and it's 222 calories for me
  • mamaleftwich
    Options
    OK so I have started before and want to make sure I am doing it right. You do the 1st series for 10 days straight, then you do the 2nd for 10 days and then the 3rd right? Is that the right way to do this video? I've always been a believer in not working the same muscles 2 days in a row but the results seem to speak for themselves so I really want to try it (and look fab for my son's 1 year photos!!). [/quote

yep that's right! that's the way she explains to try it in the video. I want to try and do it this way. When i got to day 12 last time i could feel new muscle definition in my thighs i never knew i had! :) Good luck!

Wow...I haven't been doing it that way...I did Level 1 for 30 days and now I'm doing Level 2 for 30 days
  • laoanime
    laoanime Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi everyone excited to start in a couple days and really excited about the group! Just a quick question is anyone going to the gym as well as doing the 30 day shred or will it be a bit much? And any suggestions on where I can get a tape measurer? Thanks in Advance.
  • JenMeltsAway
    JenMeltsAway Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Will there be any rest days? I'm so excited to start this!!!
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is it always 25 minutes? I'm trying to figure out how many minutes to enter if I log it as circuit training! So excited.
  • sweetu24
    sweetu24 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello gorgeous ladies,
    I have a question regarding ripped in 30 workout. After finding this group last week I couldn't resist myself and started doing Ripped in 30 workout. I did it from Monday to Friday and followed normal diet but didn't loose even 1lb . It is a normal thing or it happens to others too. I am just worried because I read ripped in 30 is more rigorous than shred and still I didn't loose any weight in 1 week. Please suggest what could be the reason.
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi everyone excited to start in a couple days and really excited about the group! Just a quick question is anyone going to the gym as well as doing the 30 day shred or will it be a bit much? And any suggestions on where I can get a tape measurer? Thanks in Advance.
    Hello we're excited to have you! And I am personally going to try and start weight training at the gym also a few days a week probably 1/2 way into the month :)
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Hello gorgeous ladies,
    I have a question regarding ripped in 30 workout. After finding this group last week I couldn't resist myself and started doing Ripped in 30 workout. I did it from Monday to Friday and followed normal diet but didn't loose even 1lb . It is a normal thing or it happens to others too. I am just worried because I read ripped in 30 is more rigorous than shred and still I didn't loose any weight in 1 week. Please suggest what could be the reason.
    When I did the shred the first time I also actually gained a few pounds about a week into t and I was really confused
    My husband reminded me that not only was I probably gaining mussle but your muscles actually retain water when you first start new workout regimens until your body gets used to it. Give it a few weeks and the numbers will probably start dropping :)
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Will there be any rest days? I'm so excited to start this!!!

You can if you want it's really up to you, I feel like I would loose motivation so I really want to complete it by May 1st!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Is it always 25 minutes? I'm trying to figure out how many minutes to enter if I log it as circuit training! So excited.
    Yes each circuit with the warm up and cool down ! :)
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    I have a set of 5lb weights and 8lb weights and see no problem with switching it up depending on the exercise or doing one set heavier and one lighter. I can't imagine any single weight that would work for me. Those side lunges and raises? I usually have to take a few reps off without raises or drop the weights altogether. :-) I've never gotten past maybe day 4 of the 30DS so here's to hoping! I started a few days early since I know I'll be taking rest days and will probably be behind anyway. :-) I just finished my 2nd day.

When you guys list the weight, do you mean combined or each? Just wondering! I've seen it listed both ways, especially when shopping for them. I list it based on the weight of each.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi!

What do you all think we should set as planned amount of exercise while doing this? I usually have mine set to 5 times per week for 60 minutes (plus an activity level of "Lightly Active"). Now, if we are doing this every day for 20 minutes (excluding warm up/cool down), should I put 20 minutes per day, 7 times a week? And then I also walk my dog for about 45-1hr each day. Would I add that on to my planned exercise too? I am worried it will make my calorie intake too high. I'd appreciate some thoughts on this, as I am a bit of a noob. :)