Attention active lifestyle vegan/veg-heads - Project 6-pack

Options
Hello all...

i am aspiring vegan.... an active lifestyle whole foods plant-based vegan...

I consume over 1 kilo fresh fruit every day and 1-2 kilo's of veggies, and with additional raw vegan protein powder (added only recently) to bump my protein numbers up due to heavy exercise (of varied intensity) routine of 2-4 hours per day avg... I lost 30 kilos (66 pounds) in about 4 months last year (April-Jul) achieving my target weight, and after have been continuously focusing on creating sustainable healthy nutrition/consumption habits (the hard part!!!, especially after poor habits inculcated since birth and beyond).

Since Aug last year, according to Dexa scan, i have further lost 1.5 kilos, -2.3 kilos of fat, +800 grams of muscle with vinyasa yoga being my primary exercise along with hiking, trail running and recently some running. So have gained lean body mass and shed fat all while eating at a calorie deficit (1200kcals/day... now 1300 though this may be further increased soon) and without weight training (though their is nothing wrong with weight training!), which goes against most all of what i have read and observed on MFP...

My recent DeXA scan last week indicates that i have19.6% body fat and BMI 22.8 (This shouldnt be confused with caliper or bioelectrical impedance ("BIA") readings which would be substantially lower (14%?))....

I am not religious about veganism (though it appears to me to be enable the achievement of a superior lifestyle **if** implemented properly) as it is my experience that, on average, most people that proselytize dont have a truly grounded understanding of what they are doing and are repeating other peoples ideas (meme broadcasters! lol...) like without doing the work . That goes for most every "sect" on MFP including but not limited to IIFYM and of course Paleo and life itself for that matter. Intentions are great but always better if accompanied with a solid foundational knowledge....

That being said, MFP has been a useful tool for self-examination, self experimentation and learning (through others and of course making mistakes followed by further refinement(s)).

Afterall, designing a new satisfying healthy lifestyle for ourselves (with our particular set of circumstances) to take into account nutrition/ethics etc. after decades of poor habits instilled by peers/family/society/country, takes substantial time and effort....

Happy to share & learn, and always looking for great ideas especially with those that have different opinions provided they can make a solid case one way or the other...

Afterall, "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." [Aristotle]

If that sounds interesting, then i look forward to hearing from you....

Replies

• klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Learned a few new words. :). ...inculcated ... Happy experimenting and learning / relearning things that we should naturally know but don't ...