Armband leaving an indent on my arm

Options
I have had my BM for a little more than 3 months. I love it. But I have noticed that when I take it off I have an indent on my bicep from the band. I still have quite a bit of fat on my arms and it's not tight but has anyone else noticed this? I took it off 2 days ago and there is still a slight indent from the band. It's getting better but I still see it.

Replies

• sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been using the BM going on 2 years. I don't sleep in it. When I remove it at night or whenever I do have indention but when I wake in the mornings I no longer see it but do see a white ring due to sun exposure.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ditto.... I wear mine all the time and have a slight indent. You stated it isn't tight... be sure you can fit a finger or 2 underneath it. Not wearing it in the exact same spot helps - just moving it a half inch higher or lower can make a difference. Also, I took mine off for about a week over the holidays and that helped too.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    but do see a white ring due to sun exposure.

I am worried about that too, if summer ever comes. LOL. I just assumed I would quit wearing it for the summer but I don't really want to do that either. Summer is when I am way more active.
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i would make sure of a couple things.

1st are you sure the band is not too tight? Can you slip your fingers underneath and the band gives?
    2nd is the band the right size? It ships with a medium.
    3rd is the elastic worn out and you have had to crank the pressure up to keep the band on?

I have only had mine for a month but I need a new band because the elastic is worn out because a medium really isnt the right size for me. Also I rotate arms. After a full day and one sleep session I wear it on the other arm....
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine religiously for 3 years, minus the summers. The indent will go away within a week, and this is after wearing for 9 months straight (only taking it off for swimming and showers)!
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had to move mine, because it was causing a lot of problems on my arm. I wore it as loose as I could and it still cut into my arm, left red marks and caused pain to shoot into my armpit. Even when it was loose enough that it would frequently fall down, I still had the problem. Now I either wear it around my calf, right below the knee, or tucked into my bra. No problems since and the readings match what it was when it was around my arm.
  • OGracie
    OGracie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This response comes a little late, but hey... I just got here! Have you considered other areas of your body? I haven't really had any issues with it showing and I've got some girly work shirts that have really short arm sleeves. I began moving it around though because I had other issues with tracking!

Also, it comes with a medium arm band. Consider buying a different size if it is too big or small for you. I purchased a large due to it being way to small and leaving sores.

Here's what I have come to figure out, though Body Media does not recommend it:
    • If I am doing exercises that involve legs (walking, cycling, etc.), I wear it just under my left knee with the monitor just inside my knee pit. Why my left knee? I think because it's the stronger of the 2 after all the surgeries and PT.
    • If I am at work (desk job / stand up training or presenting), I also wear it under my left knee. It catches more up and down movement / activity here rather than sedentary arm movement. My legs have to be on the go.
    • If I am doing exercises that involve my arms (weights, stretching, etc.), I wear it where they recommend your to on my right arm which is my dominant and stronger side.
    • If I am cooking or sitting on the couch watching the boob tube, I also wear it on my right arm. In these cases I am doing more with my arms than my legs.

I have found that it is best to wear it wherever you are doing the exercises. I emailed back and forth with someone at Body Media for a while. They state that Body Media was really just created to track upper body exercise and sedentary states.

I feel like, if you can make it work for your every day life, then do it! Test it on your body in other places and see what works for you! I couldn't get it to hit vigorous activity to save my life! Now, it's working much better for my lifestyle!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I switch arms to help. I wear it on my left during the day and my right at night.