3-26-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
Sorry I didn't get the thread going yesterday. I felt really rough. I was glad it was not a running day. But I feel better today and did week 6 day 2 this morning. I kept walking at the end to finish out the 5k. My next run is 25 minutes. I'm working on getting my head right for it already.

Have a great day!

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better Mel and congrats for getting day 2 under the belt. I'm guessing no one ran yesterday.

I actually thought about doing the last "run" but we are in midst of some wacky wind storms/gusts and I had enough issues just trying to walk the path today. I did do a small run up one of the inclines, felt really good. I think its the knowing you don't HAVE to do it and don't have TO DO IT FOR SO LONG that made it actually fun. LOL

I've always done the run and then just continued on to get my 10K or whatever steps in or get hour-ninety minutes of exercise in.

Will check back later to see if anyone else ran today :flowerforyou:
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not a running day for me today, but I walked the dog at a cracking pace for 40 minutes. It was very humid, so we were both puffing and panting by the end.

I sweat like there's no tomorrow, especially on the face. The other day I almost had to stop because I was blinded by the sweat running into my eyes. There's no way I'm wearing a toweling head band, but I think I'm going to have to resort to toweling wrist bands (they seem less pretentious).
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I did run yesterday -- did it, did, did it -- 25 minute run. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't fast, but it happened and that is all that matters!! I didn't get home till late, and so I figured I'd save till today's thread.
    All day I worked on the theory that I would look forward to it, I would tell myself and others - I am going to run 25mins this evening - and that is how I approached it -- I needed to get beyond the fear and just get on to working out how I would do it.

All the best to all -- you can do it. If I can run 25 minutes, then, truly, anyone can.

Cheers
    M
  • mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good going, ladies! I'm proud of us for doing so well!

Maree, I'm like you - if I can do it, anybody can do it!